Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ObsLoD

Some Shadowbane reminiscing...

Man oh man some reminiscing alright. The server I played in the beginning was Deception and who here remembers Trade Winds and Kill Cult? I hope I have time for this game  :)

Me.  I was one of the founders of KC.

tumblr_opi65cphh71v5mc1xo1_400.png

My friends and I joined a guild called I think House of Deaner or something like that and we were attacking Kill Cult's city and took forever to tear their walls down. I remember the Northern Alliance found out their alts actually ran the big open city Trade Winds and baned it once they found out which caused a whole server war if remember correctly lol.

Yes, something like that, though I think the server war had already been in full swing before that.  I sort of started it by forcing the Defenders of Order to attack another alliance based on principal and a promise.  They had no idea I was a member of Kill Cult at the time because I met with them as part of the Council of Tradewind.  :ph34r:

Yes, something like that, though I think the server war had already been in full swing before that.  I sort of started it by forcing the Defenders of Order to attack another alliance based on principal and a promise.  They had no idea I was a member of Kill Cult at the time because I met with them as part of the Council of Tradewind.  :ph34r:

Your name is going to really throw me off :(

Play the underdog, much more fun.

LoD (in terms of numbers) is usually the underdog.  I suspect we'll face a Crowfall zerg much like we did in SB.  We're looking for new members who share the same gaming pedigree and have experience w/the LoD brand...typically prior adversaries.  

Edited by murdock

www.LordsOfDeath.com

https://twitter.com/lodforlife

"Alert The Clutch"

Holy balls, I started reading through the first PDF (great stuff) and some of the quotes got me reminiscing about Kill Cult's early days back on the Deception server.  That quote from Balinor ("We are hugely outnumbered by the RPers again!") made me grimace.  Been there, done that!!

I salute you again, LoD.  

Looking forward to seeing you in this game.  I doubt I'll be running with Kill Cult this go-around, more than likely I'll have a small crew of my own, but if we cross paths and you need an ally, just shout.

Which reminds me, I recently stumbled upon a cache of old SB screenshots stored on a DVD. Like digital GOLD, I tell you.  I'm tempted to post a few sometime on these forums.

Foehammer

AKA

Foehammir, Gothmog from Shadowbane (Deception server)

Edited by Stormcrow

Your name is going to really throw me off :(

Hehe, sorry.  Yeah, the old name game.  Keeping consistent handles from one game to another can be a serious challenge, especially when I hate adding guild tags to my nicks.  

Sometimes you just feel the need for something fresh, too.

Crowfall feels like a game that sort of deserves a fresh start.

My fondest memories of Shadowbane in bullet format:

• Squish - I have recounted stories of squish more times than I can remember
  • The one Corvus guy
  • My friends for writing a Jerry Springer episode for us to roleplay in the Lok-ri high court. 
  • Those same friends for helping me to kill some Lok-ri vassal in the middle of town.  The guy was being a hooligan  
  • Obs Donkey Punch 
  • "Hail to Thee"
  • Nurfed
  • Sinbad for really being Michael Jackson
  • Death Head Legion for coming to Death.  I still think of this guild every time I see a DHL delivery truck
  • Everyone from the Death server - For a glorious, shining few months it was the absolute best gaming experience I have ever had
Edited by Allegory

• The one Corvus guy
  • My friends for writing a Jerry Springer episode for us to roleplay in the Lok-ri high court. 
  • Those same friends for helping me to kill some Lok-ri vassal in the middle of town.  The guy was being a hooligan  
  • Obs Donkey Punch 
  • "Hail to Thee"
  • Nurfed
  • Sinbad for really being Michael Jackson
  • Death Head Legion for coming to Death.  I still think of this guild every time I see a DHL delivery truck
  • Everyone from the Death server - For a glorious, shining few months it was the absolute best gaming experience I have ever had

Yea it sure was amazing how dominant nurfed was... It was like everyone paled in comparison. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I was in Free Corps during the Death launch and those were really the best mmorpg memories fighting LoD. The server really hated those LoD guys buy hey, 12+ years later and Lok-Ri, Salvation, Free Corps, Silent Tribe, Viri-Mane, Mithril Warhammers(was that their name?) are all memories while LoD is still at it. Hope some of those old guilds start up again :P... I think Virakar is semi alive...(maybe).. 

We never did figure out who Squish was, but they made ventrillo awesome.

Bringing role play to a whole new level was awesome. We did PK that one Lok-ri guy, but the Roleplay assassination of Vorgen never got pulled off because he stopped logging in.

Such fun times.

I was in Free Corps during the Death launch and those were really the best mmorpg memories fighting LoD. The server really hated those LoD guys buy hey, 12+ years later and Lok-Ri, Salvation, Free Corps, Silent Tribe, Viri-Mane, Mithril Warhammers(was that their name?) are all memories while LoD is still at it. Hope some of those old guilds start up again :P... I think Virakar is semi alive...(maybe).. 

Mithril Warhammers actually still exists. They've shown up here a bit.

C4sIZDW.gif