Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zault

What did CrowFall team expect?

My bad truth, I didn't see two other threads about this. If so then someone just lock this.

dreck...please don't ask for locks

to explain....it's Conversation, the flow is going...no need to dry it up, yes?

as for the sub-topic of toxicity.... nope, not here...not yet

trust me, i know toxicity....if you think i can do spammity spam spams with style and humor....you ain't seen nuthin' until you have read me (and some of the Others around here...you all know who you are!) do ....toxic...

just sayin'...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

I was mostly speaking about the forums. Not in-game. Even in my 2nd post, I was speaking about the forums.

As I said 101 games seem to mostly be family games. So that makes me think you'll have some young people around the ages of 10-15. I was more worried about them seeing some of the stuff us "toxic" people can spit out. My question was mainly what did CrowFall team expect, when they know the type of crowd our group is or can be, when you put them into a pool like the 101 people.

Just because it appears I need to say this. Yes, I know not all 101 people are 10-15 years of age. Not once did I say anything about pwning 101 players also.

Not sure if you've seen this thread that has only just been closed.

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/682-in-regards-to-the-rules/

This thread is very relavant.

I for one am not adverse to having some fun and showing a little character.

However, to get a point or idea across it's simply not necessary to spew loads of unwanted sentiment in an effort to look ... tough?

I know there is so many games out there that condone toxicity.

I am hoping that mature gamers can lead by example and show the younger ones that being able to express yourself does not have to contain full blown toxicity.

If nothing else, I hope the Crowfall forum and community can show enough responsibility to let younger gamers see that expressing ideas and opinions in a community can be fun.

A forum is not a place to purely express yourself (self promote).

Hope that all made sense. I may need another caffeine hit.

288mqgz.png

x casts sooth x

Personally, I think we've made great strides in finding an amiable balance among us at this point. I'm optimistic for a solid community. 

Of course, I'm an eternal optimist, so:

x knocks on wood x tosses pinch of salt over shoulder x pets black kitty x brews poison x

Edited by iridianshadowweaver

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

x casts sooth x

Personally, I think we've made great strides in finding an amiable balance among us at this point. I'm optimistic for a solid community. 

Of course, I'm an eternal optimist, so:

x knocks on wood x tosses pinch of salt over shoulder x pets black kitty x

Oh you just have no idea what will happen once full vision of the game is unveiled :P There will be forumbaning and plenty of it ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkyy57iMaB0

Edited by nefastus

Toxicity is fun.

Forums need it every once and a while.

Toxcicity breeds in-game competition.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Oh you just have no idea what will happen once full vision of the game is unveiled :P There will be forum baning and plenty of it ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkyy57iMaB0

That's fine. What I meant is that we all seem to be finding reasonable voices with which to engage in rampant speculation. We couldn't do much of that with the silly bickering and tantrums all around. 

Jon Snow, sigh...I dearly hope he isn't dead.

Edited by iridianshadowweaver

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

Toxicity is fun.

I'm absolutely 100% positive that we are going to have plenty of in-game competition without the need to breed it on a forum.

Besides all that geez we are x amount of months away from the game even being released.

288mqgz.png

I'm absolutely 100% positive that we are going to have plenty of in-game competition without the need to breed it on a forum.

Besides all that geez we are x amount of months away from the game even being released.

do remember...that to some who have been in Places such as this before...breeding competition and politics is very often done right here on the Forums....in many ways

just sayin'...

FIQw0eP.png

Did you really just quote yourself LOL

I'm pretty sure they expected the SB players to be a lot more mature then a bunch of teenagers on the UBI forums.

then "they" may be sorely disappointed...

FIQw0eP.png

you just wait til someone loses a siege

and you zerg us

no we didn't

calimath

screenshot or it didn't happen

hax

sploits

start flying across the boards

oh and egged on and fed by

Das Trolls!!

Forum_Troll.jpg

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

do remember...that to some who have been in Places such as this before...breeding competition and politics is very often done right here on the Forums....in many ways

just sayin'...

I fully understand what you are saying doc but if we can keep it somewhere near the level of moderation we have here now it would be a really nice change.

Banter ... to and fro is good fun for everyone.

Sure I've been ..... off when I pretty much know for a fact that others are using cheats to exploit and I've really wanted to rage the forum because it just devalues the hard earned efforts of others. I'm more than sure that kind of topic along with many others is going to get really heated. Plenty of attack time to come I'm sure.

288mqgz.png

Toxicity is fun.

Forum 'competition' is just that - nothing more.

Real 'hardcore PvPers' spend minimal time on the forums anyway.  There are a ton of PvP games still out there.  They are online right now...PvPing.

Did you really just quote yourself LOL I'm pretty sure they expected the SB players to be a lot more mature then a bunch of teenagers on the UBI forums.

it got lost in the sauce at the tail end of the previous page so I wanted to make sure no one skipped it. But it was spot on

X6RBqg7.gif

Forum 'competition' is just that - nothing more. Real 'hardcore PvPers' spend minimal time on the forums anyway.  There are a ton of PvP games still out there.  They are online right now...PvPing.

you guys confuse pvp with meaningful pvp. Most of us cant stand the "pvp" games out there now. We just kinda scratch our head and say, Whats the point? Its like giving everyone a trophy. We want to take yours and beat you with it.

X6RBqg7.gif

All of you talk about toxic and what it is or isn't, but lets be honest this game will vacuum up some nasty people in the form of forum/in-game trolls and haters, instead of arguing lets just make a cooperative effort in making this forum a place where people from all mmo genres can come and enjoy our company and future gameplay. 

line09.gif

Well hopefully the people that haven't experienced a game like this before, will stay strong, and play the game, rather than be chased off by the word "carebear,". (Running away to this "insult," proves its accuracy btw :P )

Mmmmmmmmm, Carebears