Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jetah

New Species — Naga

Naga is my top choice for best race to add to the game. It would go really well with aquatic additions to the game, and serve as another very distinct race variation with unique mobility options and distinct aesthetic variation.

I'd specifically like the 4 arm variation if Naga, and they could specialize in swimming and grappling/constricting with their arms and coiling.

All archetypes are settle anyway. Most niches are filled nicely. Each archetyp seems unique. All this negativity :unsure: I'm sorry. The concept isnt of a high CC character doenst seems all to unique to me but ACE can surely make it work. Maybe a underwater themed expantion? But I think that is thought too much into the future. Arent Naga's copyrighted or something?

All archetypes are settle anyway. Most niches are filled nicely. Each archetyp seems unique. All this negativity :unsure: I'm sorry. The concept isnt of a high CC character doenst seems all to unique to me but ACE can surely make it work. Maybe a underwater themed expantion? But I think that is thought too much into the future. Arent Naga's copyrighted or something?

You can't copyright mythological creatures! Naga are part of Hindu/Buddhist mythology.

All archetypes are settle anyway. Most niches are filled nicely. Each archetyp seems unique. All this negativity :unsure: I'm sorry. The concept isnt of a high CC character doenst seems all to unique to me but ACE can surely make it work. Maybe a underwater themed expantion? But I think that is thought too much into the future. Arent Naga's copyrighted or something?

They haven't even identified the gameplay and behavior of most roles, it's highly presumptive and blind to assume that there aren't further roles to fill.

What role does Templar and Minotaur fill? Their both tanks like Knight, with virtually no explanation of how they work. And there are very few shield users expressed in the game thus far, or the most common war archetype in battle, a classic soldier, there's world's of alternatives to explore...

Whenever I hear of Naga...I think fondly of the L5R variants...very honorable, DEADLY with a bow or polearm, and poisonous. Snake fromt he waist down, humanoid from the waist up.

A grappler/binder could be interesting...a 4 armed constricter. Constricting someone is a perfect mez as well...anyone attacking you would force you to let go of who you were constricting (cc-ing) letting them go.

It's also a race players rarely get to actually be.

I'm not necessarily suggesting that they only grapple, but it seems like a practical race specific behavior. It's also an animation nightmare I'm sure.

As for behavior, the original Hindu legends describe them as jealous, conniving beings, their nemesis is the Garuda, a singular super powered being.

Being snakes and having a villianous source, I'd imaging them more as wicked or cunning, and dark, kind of like fae. They could also be small to help compensate for many unique behaviors and advantages.

id like a harpy archetype

their specialty would be yelling when a suggestion is made twice at the suggestion forum

especially when we wont be getting more archetypes and therefore no more races until atleast launch.

cant we just appreciate what we have for now and come with archetype suggestions when every current archetype has their niche, then we fill the void they leave?

Nami is a mermaid that is somewhat Naga like, Naga are closer to Cassiopia or Gorgons, given the ability to customize, you could perhaps produce all of those looks with a Naga.

And no Hyperstan, we needn't wait for what's already in production to be done, that's reactive thinking.

Naga can even fill the "large" role alongside centaur and champion.

Hell with 4 arms you can make use of double stringed siege bows...big heavy archetype with some serious long range. Many snakes are ponderous on land, no reason the Naga in CF need to be speedy/extremely slippery creatures. Let them be more gorgon like...large and strong as a giant.

Though a large extremely agile character is a new thing for this physics system.

Slow snakes?, very rare. I say Naga should be faster than bipeds on land and have great mobility in water, but be slower than steeds and unable to ride mounts.

But I'm not seeing that level of strategic depth in the archetype construction. And 4 arms is optional, given the complexity of designing Naga, I'd fully expect them to pursue the minimum, if at all :-/

Slow snakes?, very rare. I say Naga should be faster than bipeds on land and have great mobility in water, but be slower than steeds and unable to ride mounts.

But I'm not seeing that level of strategic depth in the archetype construction. And 4 arms is optional, given the complexity of designing Naga, I'd fully expect them to pursue the minimum, if at all :-/

Oh I know it is rare, which is actually why I suggested it. Though typically as far as actual speed goes, most snakes are slower than people running, they can only lightning strike within the range of their extended body from a coiled state and can only move quickly across land for short periods. Sidewinders not withstanding that is heh.

But they seem to be twisting the usual tropes. Blue elves that are happy killers, fae that actually want to hurt people, centaurs that are orderly (centaurs as originally written by the greeks are partiers and chaotic on the whole with few exceptions), knights that care not about ideals...we have all kind of inverse tropes...so why not a slow naga that is all about long range siege style damage to make for another odd blend?

I agree they will likely, assuming it gets made, go for a minimalist look to cut costs.