Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Species — Naga

jetah

No they aren't. Naga just means "snake" in Sanskrit. It's not that they are based on cobras, they are a separate class of mythical creatures, which were believed to be like a snake. Kind of like wolves and werewolves in European mythology, you can not really say that werewolves are based on wolves, since they possess a whole lot of other qualities.

Edited by rajah

I can say for a certainty that they aren't restricted to water, by various myth reference nor creators interpretation, you obstacle is defeated.

In Indo-asian tradition (the original) they are closely connected to large water, In Tibetan tradition they possibly live in netherealms. Either way it's they are not earth walkers. So I don't see where your certainty is coming from.

Well from "a greater perspective" insectoid creatures make way more sense, due to their survival abilities they are more likely to live through the hunger lack of food or whatever else.

https://36.media.tumblr.com/df94f9f2aa079beed98f5a0bdc2fd895/tumblr_inline_nr393jG0LZ1sfzk2z_540.jpg

From greater education, insect people are ridiculous because they lack natural resperation suited to larger size.

It's silly to apply artificial logic to your bias while fabricating nonsensical limitations to an alternative.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Arthropleura was an ancestor to centipedes and millipedes. It could reach more than eight feet (2.4 m) in length, and the fatter creatures could be several feet wide. It was so massive that despite being an invertebrate it probably had very few predators, and it is by far the largest invertebrate species ever unearthed.

arthropleura_armata__by_jorgearagon-d8j3

From greater education

Now you have it :P Edited by rajah

Already had it, everything was significantly larger in the ancient past due to vastly different atmospherics, and your referencing a very primitive centipede which would still be an ant to a 50 foot tall dinosaur, keep trying amateur.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

insect people are ridiculous because they lack natural resperation suited to larger size.

Arthropleura was an ancestor to centipedes and millipedes. It could reach more than eight feet (2.4 m) in length, and the fatter creatures could be several feet wide.

Already had it, everything was significantly larger in the ancient past due to vastly different atmospherics, and your referencing a very primitive centipede which would still be an ant to a 50 foot tall dinosaur, keep trying amateur.

Science arguments about whether insect people are plausible in modern Earth's atmosphere have nothing to do with Crowfall's campaign worlds. Do you have a developer statement that the Dregs has an O2 content of exactly 21%? Does your objection still make sense if it's 35% instead?

In a setting with centaurs, ghosts, wyverns, and fire tornadoes, objecting that insect people can't exist because of spiracles is pretty silly.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

The point isn't about whether it's plausible, it's about this fool using selective information as his only context to validate his nonsensical opinion.

P.S. if you hadn't figured it out yet rajah, centipedes aren't insects ????

The point isn't about whether it's plausible, it's about this fool using selective information as his only context to validate his nonsensical opinion.

P.S. if you hadn't figured it out yet rajah, centipedes aren't insects

I'd rather say "relevant information" than "selective information", and "highly informed" rather than "nonsensical"

Antropomorphic insectoid creatures aren't really insects either, they are only related to actual insects just like arthropods (centipedes) are. Please do not stray away from the logical path. I beleive this is the root cause of your faulty judgements.

Edited by rajah

That looks like kaiser strangled by logic

Lol, like I need to tend to you ignorance, your statements are so obsurd, they don't even count as confirmation bias, but the good lord told me not to waste pearls like that, and I'm not gullible enough to preoccupy myself hastily responding to you anti-intellectual drivel.

Stay obstinant, you've accomplished nothing ????

and I'm not gullible enough to preoccupy myself hastily responding

None of my statements are really absurd or biased since it's common knowledge about the subject. And obviously you are gullible enough. You just quit when naga debate gets hotter than you can handle ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Anyhow, if we do get gorgons (as I can't help but notice that most of the reference images are of Greco-roman gorgons, in lieu of indo-chinese naga (which I'm ok with, consider gorgons more imaginative)) can we get male gorgons as well? Never seen an actual male gorgon in a game (usually just snake men, with reptile faces and NO SNAKE HAIR) and would be great to see ACE's take on a male gorgon

Edited by RKNM