Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mox

Battleye Anti-Cheat Recommended For Future Reference.

Hello there, background about Battleye it's a fully server side coded anti-cheat there's only one DLL file need to be in client folder to have respond from server, which of course if that DLL was removed, players can't  play any game that have a battleye enabled.

It's a good anti-cheat but remember it might catch duping if it wasn't from game*, only cheaters that use programs injection to game process,

If battleye found anything being injected to the game process the game will force close giving cheaters errors.

Edit on top of that these cheaters will get a global banned instantly if they kept trying to use other programs or an instant banned if they tried to use violated programs such as ollydbg or IDEA for [reverse engineer], cheat engines for memory and any 3rd party program.

Battleye licensing might be a bit expensive, it depend if Mr Gordon and JTodd going have chill chat with battleye dev team

click here to learn more

Does it support a large scale mmo? yes It does, I've had a contact with Mr Bastian Suter, but couldn't afford  licensing.

Price was not provided till mr bastian verify the company which i don't own "yet" but hopefully in the future. :D

What's your thought folks?

Regards

Mox.

Edited by Mox

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

I wouldn't mind something like BattleEye if it means that if I remove the game from my system the anti-cheat goes with it. Solutions like Warden (from Blizzard) and VAC (Valve Anti Cheat) I don't mind either.

The problems surrounding Hackshield (Archeage) made me never install the game though. Anti cheat should never (read: NEVER EVER!) affect the players who play the game legally and without cheating. That's why DRM is such a big giant failure as well, but that might be another topic.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Yeah...Hackshield nailed me at least twice hard in AA that took me out of the game typically for 3 days before they "fixed" it. Their fix? They have to give you a 24 hour ban in order to clear the faulty flag from hackshield.

Never ran into issues with Warden or VAC.

I am amused however that certain widely used mice aren't able to use their 6/9/12 side buttons when dealing with Warden however. Dunno' 'bout VAC.

"Lawful Good does not always mean Lawful Nice."

I know the two aren't 100% related, but I found it funny that when I visited they asked me to bear with them while they went through a DDoS attack.

Do you know if their engine works with Unity 5?

yes it does, licensing come with API Source that Devs can implement that in different engines if i was correct about it.

about ddos didn't effect any running Battleye servers enabled, it was just directly to their site.

I wouldn't mind something like BattleEye if it means that if I remove the game from my system the anti-cheat goes with it. Solutions like Warden (from Blizzard) and VAC (Valve Anti Cheat) I don't mind either.

The problems surrounding Hackshield (Archeage) made me never install the game though. Anti cheat should never (read: NEVER EVER!) affect the players who play the game legally and without cheating. That's why DRM is such a big giant failure as well, but that might be another topic.

VAC isn't that good it's public SDK for new Devs i remember when i had free dev kit sdk vac for applying as a game dev for test propose.

Hackshield isn't that good either it's easy to bypass, because files actually client side which allow to reverse engineer debug it while it's going.

I do approve that battleye is a server side coded and clients only need one dll called BEClient.dll for instants this dll give details to server so if it's gone players can't access any server having battleye for an example any servers that's in Arma 3 or DayZ have battleye enabled players or cheaters can't access these servers if BEClient.dll was missing.

now we're talking an entire mmo server where devs can implement the BEClient.dll in way if it's missing u can't enter any server NA or EU.

which it will indict that without it players can't play the game and honestly and it don't get in anti-virus or firewall way once it's enabled.

on top of that battleye updates silently so it won't notify any player if it was update it or not which it give cheaters risk of cheating.

if it was updated these cheaters will get a global banned, If Mr. Gordon and JTodd have a shot to talk with battleye team about if possible implementing an API for  crowfall in future.

Yeah...Hackshield nailed me at least twice hard in AA that took me out of the game typically for 3 days before they "fixed" it. Their fix? They have to give you a 24 hour ban in order to clear the faulty flag from hackshield.

Never ran into issues with Warden or VAC.

I am amused however that certain widely used mice aren't able to use their 6/9/12 side buttons when dealing with Warden however. Dunno' 'bout VAC.

hackshield is a free anti-cheat on top of that u can request it if u are running private server.. just saying

it's not great with Anti-virus nor firewall.

Hackshield vs battleye

Hackshield update once or twice a month, battleye 7 days a week for  a year. any day can have an update and bam disallow cheaters to cheat :)

Edited by Mox

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

VAC isn't that good it's public SDK for new Devs i remember when i had free dev kit sdk vac for applying as a game dev for test propose.

I don't know if VAC is any good or not. I just responded to say that non-intrusive services like that is what I would prefer. What amount of anti-cheating they supply I don't have a good picture of. I'm certainly no expert on them. I tend not to cheat in games, so I feel I don't need to know. Only thing I care about if they will affect me as a legal/non-cheating costumer. Hackshield doesn't fit in that description.

BattleEye seems to me (again, I'm not an expert) non-intrusive to the players/costumers and I wouldn't mind if ACE would use it.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Interesting to see that Arma II & III are using this anti-cheat solution. I hope they'll go with something like BattlEye rather than the easiest options like HackShield, PunkBuster and nProtect. I dislike when programs like those run in the background, I'm concerned they might monitor the entire PC activities.

Interesting to see that Arma II & III are using this anti-cheat solution. I hope they'll go with something like BattlEye rather than the easiest options like HackShield, PunkBuster and nProtect. I dislike when programs like those run in the background, I'm concerned they might monitor the entire PC activities.

They often do.  Hackshield would actually give a list of all your processes currently running on your computer from the Task Manager.

They are often extremely intrusive and you basically have no privacy whilst running a third party any-cheat like hackshield or Punkbuster.

Edited by zinnie

They often do.  Hackshield would actually give a list of all your processes currently running on your computer from the Task Manager.

They are often extremely intrusive and you basically have no privacy whilst running a third party any-cheat like hackshield or Punkbuster.

But in down point hackshield is client side at least 60% or 50%.

Bypassing hackshield isn't a big deal.

Battleye 10%-5% client side and 90% ~ 95% server side.

Does it dip frames performance? no, depends on how realistic the game is

Good luck to anyone to  get bypass any server side anti-cheat.

Competitive anti-cheat contest.

Server side anti cheat Versus client side

Server side

90% - 95% or even 98% of code there, 2% of code in client side to send to server and get respond.

Client side anti-cheat [VAC, EasyAntiCheat,HackShield,nprotect and xigncode3]

50% to 80% of anti-cheat code in client side only which anyone can bypass it fill it with "NOP" or different jumps to NULL

Most of games use VAC, EasyAntiCheat,HackShield,nprotect and xigncode3

Let's review anti-cheats right now

VAC is by valve it's automatically free for green lighted games.

EAC is easy to bypass used by Rust and other survival games.

Hackshield, nprotect and xigncode3 used for Korean/chinese and japanese MMORPG.

Now let's review past years and present

VAC was giving a free SDK anti-cheat once you apply as Dev even if you're not a Game Dev, you will have Free SDK Kit to play around with.

EAC Client side based anti-cheat.

Hackshield,nProtect, xigncode3  client based anti-cheat bypassing takes around 10 days or less and remember these anti-cheats doesn't update till a month or even two because it's free to get.

Okay right now let's go to premium anti-cheats

Battleye Anti-cheat detect and scan process in task manager, files that's being running and their current location plus if it's unknown file without a publisher it will be uploaded automatically to virustotal if this "file is being injected or loaded to x of their game" cheaters will get global banned instantly from Arma 2,Arma 3 and DayZ that's an example.

Pros and cons

Cons

• Free anti-virus cheats isn't the great way to protect a game, because basically you can apply as a company or game dev and get files for free
  • Easy to bypass
  • Client sided anti-cheat
  • Easy to reverse engineer it and create duplication of "NOP" = NULL
  • Doesn't get update every day
  • It notify players about the update
  • High chance to have many cheaters. 89.99%+
  • Trolls in GTA V =( no VAC ban? really okay someone said vac is good ;) apparently not!
  • Rust God mode.. Really ? EasyAntiCheat does nothing wow.. surprising..
  • HackShield Teleporting people and flying.. Really in AA? omg that didn't do anything!
  • nProtect Really ?! it's so old since 2008 it doesn't get update nor patch exploits that does exist that anyone can use in 2015..
  • Xigncode3  .. so many games that support became horrible detecting my malwarebyte anti-malware as a cheat woo hooray who coded xigncode3. now malwarebyte an anti-malware software is a  cheat too  :D not going dig down and say that xigncode3 can bypassed too sorry but it's the truth!

Pros

Premium anti cheats

• Licensing
  • Verifying your company if it's real or popular.
  • API, SDK for different engines
  • Disclose agreement that you will never give their anti-cheat to anyone else for 'free'
  • Server sided anti-cheat
  • 5% to 10% client side anti-cheat
  • Instant Banned if cheater was caught!
  • Updates silently any day without notification to players, it's good like that!
  • Support going be provided by anti-cheat team
  • Custom API can be implemented for mmorpg propose.
  • Low chance of cheaters 0.1%, 1.0% or maximum 1.5% that's great comparing to any free anti-cheat.
  • Hard to reverse engineer the anti-cheat
  • And more to count.

Premium anti-cheats is the answer to go for if it's only server side anti-cheat   :wub:

But i do recommend battleye over all because you can get cheaters global banned, if any time in future crowfall going be on steam their Steam ID will be linked to battleye then if they got a global banned in crowfall.. they will get banned in Arma 2,Arma 3 and DayZ Standalone hopefully if I was correct about their API method.

So in conclusion if crowfall caught cheater that cheater will be punished if that cheater own arma 2,arma 3 and dayz.. to keep things clear it's better that way =). 

Cheers  ^_^

Edited by Mox

I dont care what anti cheat they use, I only want no mercy when the cheaters are caught. No timeout bans just permabans no exeptions.

If you want no mercy for cheaters

Support battleye suggestion, you will never find cheaters 'teleporting,cheating,exploiting,duplication an item, go through wall, finding you easily with d3d11 or d3d9 draws lines and boxes.'

If you want no mercy for cheaters battleye offers an instant banned and global banned if crowfall going be on steam since if "steam ID is linked", these cheaters will have global banned from DayZ,Arma 2 and Arma 3 if they got caught cheating in crowfall.

harsh punishment but worth it to teach these cheaters a lesson (:.