Ui Update: Billy's New Toys - Official Discussion Thread

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

good stuff, don't forget a "Lock" option

Billy "perfectdork" Garretsen returns with an update to show how the UI has evolved   FULL STORY

Other elements that are not on display in the video include inventory, character sheet, etc. We have those functioning and things still look nice and clean. Long term though, its unclear whether we wi

8000 health?  omg omg... you shoulda never given us numbers warbalarghallfsk.

I'd like to know what "ally frames" entails....

I imagine "ally frams" is used when grouping.  Or maybe you can set a focus target or some kind?  For keeping closer track of your tank's or support's health.

Edited by Siegnir

Screen_Shot_2015_09_13_at_3_04_43_PM.png

Check us out here.

I think a great thing to add is that UI elements would snap (to the edges) and easy to align (in the center or to each other). Yes, I'm pretty OCD about that my power bar needs to be exactly in the middle of my screen.  ;)

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I imagine "ally frams" is used when grouping.  Or maybe you can set a focus target or some kind?  For keeping closer track of your tank's or support's health.

Last we heard JTC wasn't even sure they needed grouping... so yea if it is used with grouping that would be interesting information. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Well done!  You've struck a great balance between simple and flexible.  It feels clean and efficient.

Question:  How much still needs to be added to the HUD?  The simplicity is nice, but is there still a challenge with adding the rest of the features?

Other elements that are not on display in the video include inventory, character sheet, etc. We have those functioning and things still look nice and clean. Long term though, its unclear whether we will keep things as floating windows or if we will do a full takeover like Elder Scrolls Online or Witcher. There are benefits and constraints to both styles.  

How much needs to be added? For the general game HUD I'd say the only big missing elements are map/navigation markers. Each current grouping will evolve over time in the event we do something different with meters, or powers, etc.

As for sub screens like crafting, well that is all TBD until we get the system up and running.

Billy Garretsen - UX Design Lead, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

[Personal Portfolio]

Long term though, its unclear whether we will keep things as floating windows or if we will do a full takeover like Elder Scrolls Online or Witcher. There are benefits and constraints to both styles.

I vote for windowed. I'm pretty sure I want to keep an eye on my character ALL the time and not blinded by an UI screen.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!