Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snowmizer

Kickstarter Package Discrepancies Now?

I dont understand why this is so confusing...........

Even tyrant's response post just added to the confusion.

All im ( and many others) are asking for, is when you hit the "UPGRADE PLEDGE NOW" button.....it shows you WHAT YOU HAVE NOW!!  AND WHAT ADDITIONAL THINGS YOU WILL GET IF YOU UPGRADE?

How hard is that?  It's like its a trick or something now....a bait and switch???

It's text guys.....it should be able to be fixed in a few minutes.

Now, if it is accurate now, then they should just come out and tell us everything on the current list is what you will get....What is the problem?

I simply dont understand what is going on here.....I want to upgrade, but im not sure what i have now, and what i will get if i upgrade.

Edited by Agravenn
Picture removed.

dulpoa76627.png

I dont understand why this is so confusing...........

Even tyrant's response post just added to the confusion.

All im ( and many others) are asking for, is when you hit the "UPGRADE PLEDGE NOW" button.....it shows you WHAT YOU HAVE NOW!!  AND WHAT ADDITIONAL THINGS YOU WILL GET IF YOU UPGRADE?

How hard is that?  It's like its a trick or something now....a bait and switch???

It's text guys.....it should be able to be fixed in a few minutes.

Now, if it is accurate now, then they should just come out and tell us everything on the current list is what you will get....What is the problem?

I simply dont understand what is going on here.....I want to upgrade, but im not sure what i have now, and what i will get if i upgrade.

mr-snow-miser-o.gif

I agree, it is very confusing.

mael4.jpg

You don't lose anything when upgrading.

You gain the things that it says you will gain in addition.

The system is complex but it's not hard to understand.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

You don't lose anything when upgrading.

You gain the things that it says you will gain in addition.

The system is complex but it's not hard to understand.

Did you read the concerns on the first page? It is very easy to understand how it SHOULD work. I certainly understand that when upgrading to Emerald 2015 from KS Ruby I keep all of the KS Ruby perks that I already had, and I gain the perks from the Emerald 2015 package that I did not already have.

It is not easy to understand why the upgrade page makes it seem like I will end up with more rewards if I upgrade from KS Ruby to 2015 Emerald than if I had just pledged for KS Emerald to begin with. snowmizer has a valid question and the fact that several users have presented the situation in several different ways indicates that this is, in fact, "hard to understand."

Edited by Absolem

mael4.jpg

We'll take a pass looking at the source package text for KS packages.

If someone has a specific problem with an upgrade they've purchased they should contact support@artcraftent.com

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Considering the whole policy of early backers getting a better deal it does rub a bit when you see you would get more castles, keeps and such by buying a low package and then stacking the upgrades apparently.

The people that fronted the cash at the beginning should get the best deal according to their policy, not someone who fronts $5 and then upgrades months later.

Considering the whole policy of early backers getting a better deal it does rub a bit when you see you would get more castles, keeps and such by buying a low package and then stacking the upgrades apparently.

You might get more castles that way, but castles were not the only reward in the KS bundles.  The VIP subsciptions, in particular, were a fantastic deal for KS backers.  Someone who stacks upgrades won't get that.

IhhQKY6.gif

I compared the KS Ruby with the Ruby 2015 upgrade (from KS Sapphire) and here's what I got, hopefully everything is accurate :

What [KS Ruby] contained that the [KS Sapphire to Ruby 2015 upgrade] doesn't have :

• +1 Custom Unique Guild Heraldry
  • +1 Invitation to the Crowfall launch party

• +5 bonus tax-free parcels

• +1 Medium Castle KS

What [KS Sapphire to Ruby 2015 upgrade] contains that the [KS Ruby] didn't have :

• +20 Months of VIP

• + 1 Small Castle 2015

• +1 Medium Castle 2015

• +1 Large Keep KS

• +1 Large Keep 2015

Edited by courant101

The people that fronted the cash at the beginning should get the best deal according to their policy, not someone who fronts $5 and then upgrades months later.

Even 5$ in the first hours of the KS had a huge impact on its momentum. Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png

Even 5$ in the first hours of the KS had a huge impact on its momentum.

True, and also what ACE promised is that early backers will always get better deals than the more recent backers, because backing early is a risk.

So someone who pledged $60, $100 or $250 during the KS and couldn't afford to pledge more money are still the earliest backers who took the higher risk, and it makes sense that they can benefit from extra value.

However, I think that the upgrade from KS to 2015 should have less or equivalent value compared to the original, since the backers who pledged $2,500 at the very beginning took a larger risk than those who put $5.

Edited by courant101

True, and also what ACE promised is that early backers will always get better deals than the more recent backers, because backing early is a risk.

So someone who pledged $60, $100 or $250 during the KS and couldn't afford to pledge more money are still the earliest backers who took the higher risk, and it makes sense that they can benefit from extra value.

I highly disagree.  it is more of a risk to pledge $2500 than to pledge $5 or $500 and wait and see.  Backing earlier is a factor, backing early with more is more risky.  I would not want to rob the bloodstones of the value of their packages by getting late benefits anymore than I want that to happen to me. :/ 

I agree with you Zandur.  

Edited by Corpsewake

PmnGhMD.jpg

í blóði er hefnd kvöl er ótta dýrð sorg ríkir

I highly disagree.  it is more of a risk to pledge $2500 than to pledge $5 or $500 and wait and see.  Backing earlier is a factor, backing early with more is more risky.  I would not want to rob the bloodstones of the value of their packages by getting late benefits anymore than I want that to happen to me. :/ 

"However, I think that the upgrade from KS to 2015 should have less or equivalent value compared to the original, since the backers who pledged $2,500 at the very beginning took a larger risk than those who put $5."

"However, I think that the upgrade from KS to 2015 should have less or equivalent value compared to the original, since the backers who pledged $2,500 at the very beginning took a larger risk than those who put $5."

Im sorry. :/ reading it again sounds very different than what I read last night.

PmnGhMD.jpg

í blóði er hefnd kvöl er ótta dýrð sorg ríkir

The system doesnt seem to work.

I am not sure if I understand rightm but

when I buy a small package and then upgrade very step i keep my stuff from the bundle before plus i get the stuff in the next bundle?

And when I buy the big bundle first I only get the stuff in this one bundle?

Seems like the system is totally broken, otherwise people buying big packages first would be a joke

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

The system doesnt seem to work.

I am not sure if I understand rightm but

when I buy a small package and then upgrade very step i keep my stuff from the bundle before plus i get the stuff in the next bundle?

And when I buy the big bundle first I only get the stuff in this one bundle?

Seems like the system is totally broken, otherwise people buying big packages first would be a joke

Are you saying that you buy one package [say Sapphire] and want to upgrade, but only buy an additional lower tier [say gold], it only gives you the Sapphire bundle? Then yeah, that makes sense for one account. The later package would be a 2nd account, but the amount [sapphire + Gold] would be your account level of purchase, just the items from each on separate character accounts?

Piikaa / Pkaoo

rSHxVEY.gif

We agree, and there will be adjustments coming to these upgrades.  Thanks to those that pointed this out.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook