Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
digipyro

How Does Beta Work ?

Hey guys, I've chosen to back the game today but struggle to figure out how the beta stuff works and/or what to expect.

It has told me I'm part of beta group 2 and 6 but i cannot find any info on even a rough estimate of when to expect a beta, on what groups are already in the beta, when the next beta will be or when the last beta was ( apparently there was a summer beta ??? )
It confuses me a lot. can anyone tell me what the deal is ? there's a billion different cathegories and a lot of seperate posts. 
I did do a search but couldn't find much about it.

thanks in advanced

There hasn't been any Betas yet. It was announced that Pre-Alpha will be starting soon, suppose to be sometime this month I believe or maybe next.  No one really knows how long each will last, I've seen people speculate 2-3 months for each phase.  There are 3 Alphas along with a pre-alpha, so you could be looking at roughly over a year for beta 2.  All speculation at this time.

Edited by Wormboy

There are no tests yet. The team is working on getting a pre-alpha client ready to test at the end of this summer (which is soon!).

That said, we don't know when the other tests will be or how long these tests will last. If you're in Beta 2, it's safe to assume you're not able to test this year. If you want to help test sooner you'll will need to upgrade to a higher package.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

thanks for your reply :) makes it a bit more clear as i though the development was further ahead than alpha. ( game looks polished already)

I agree ACE could do a better job explaining the current state of the game.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I actually got a reply from them saying:

" On the various testing dates, we do not want to put any dates out until we know they are real (which is hard to achieve during development). During the Pre-Alpha combat test that is about to start, we'll set a date for the next test. We do know the beta tests will be next year, and the later the number closer to end of year it will be." 

Which makes sense and gives me a rough indication of where it's at. ( same as you guys said)

I hope to see you guys ingame by then :D !

Hey guys, I've chosen to back the game today but struggle to figure out how the beta stuff works and/or what to expect.

It has told me I'm part of beta group 2 and 6 but i cannot find any info on even a rough estimate of when to expect a beta, on what groups are already in the beta, when the next beta will be or when the last beta was ( apparently there was a summer beta ??? )

It confuses me a lot. can anyone tell me what the deal is ? there's a billion different cathegories and a lot of seperate posts. 

I did do a search but couldn't find much about it.

thanks in advanced

Hello Digipyro and welcome to crowfall forum!

as your fellow backers said

'There's no estimate time for Beta 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 since crowfall under construction right now and getting things together for pre-alpha group'

Cheers  ^_^

Edited by Mox

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

Yeah I just stopped in. I know Pre Alpha was supposed to "by the end of summer" Which in game dev speak means they will almost have something to deploy by the last day anyone would consider summer. So Look at pre-loading clients for pre-alphas at Sept 28.