Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Founders' Update: Pre-Alpha News! - Official Discussion Thread

I will have to spend some time reading all that. Interesting that we are doing this in groups of 50-100 (plus pre-alpha levels). Do we expect to make it to the 1000's for the backer order?

I answered my own question. See everyone in game! I will be the easy guy to kill.

Edited by Adall

One point of feedback: consider not balancing the teams with one of each archetype, but rather having a random distribution of archetype combinations across the population. If three legos are consistently a better team than balanced groups or other combinations, that seems like info that you'd want to have.

Also, I assume phase access calculation based on total spend will be enabled before the first A1 testers are invited?

Edited by Jihan

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Also, I assume phase access calculation based on total spend will be enabled before the first A1 testers are invited?

I think this one is supposed to work already. I agree with you for the group composition, it might be better if we don't have only supp/dps/tank groups.

Edited by courant101

I think this one is supposed to work already. I agree with your with the group, it might be better if we don't have only supp/dps/tank builds.

My account transactions page correctly shows a total spend of $500 but my backer rewards do not show A1 and my forum badges do not show sapphire. Is your experience different?

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

My account transactions page correctly shows a total spend of $500 but my backer rewards do not show A1 and my forum badges do not show sapphire. Is your experience different?

The badge isn't working for me either, so I guess they haven't implemented it yet, but the A1 shows as reward. Maybe send an email to make sure!

Edited by courant101

"At some point, we will stop running Hunger Dome matches and go back into development mode.

At or before that point, we will also set a date for our next test. What will that plan entail?  How many testers will we need?  We aren’t ready to say quite yet"

Is this talking about Alpha 2? or is there gonna be some weird s#it like Alpha 1.1

Edited by dsbjon

"At some point, we will stop running Hunger Dome matches and go back into development mode.

At or before that point, we will also set a date for our next test. What will that plan entail?  How many testers will we need?  We aren’t ready to say quite yet"

Is this talking about Alpha 2? or is there gonna be some weird s#it like Alpha 1.1

This is pre-alpha.  Just because they're going to let in alpha 1 testers doesn't mean this is alpha 1.

Most likely the plan is to do some pre-alpha testing and then go into development mode and then back to pre-alpha testing and back and forth for a little while till they're ready for alpha 1.  At least that's how I've interpreted things.

Players spawn with no equipment and have to scavenge the world for weapons and armor.

The Hunger is a giant ring of pain that starts at the edge of the map and moves inward.

Reminds me of H1Z1 Battle Royal. 

Looking forward to testing and giving feedback! :3

Edited by Elvine