Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Founders' Update: Pre-Alpha News! - Official Discussion Thread

Most likely the plan is to do some pre-alpha testing and then go into development mode and then back to pre-alpha testing and back and forth for a little while till they're ready for alpha 1.  At least that's how I've interpreted things.

Yea it seems to be how they are planning to do it. From the KS FAQ : 

... Invite in a small number of “pre-alpha” testers to play it, to find bugs and get feedback 

Go back into development 

Invite Pre-Alpha + Alpha 1 testers 

Go back into development 

…and so on, until we have completed the product and tested it sufficiently for launch.

I can't begin to describe how my heart melted when I saw dem key words --> PRE-ALPHA

I feel like we should make the Hunger Dome an official form of combat (like time-limit/hunger-limit short PvP)

According to #8:

Players spawn with no equipment and have to scavenge the world for weapons and armor.

I have a question related to how big the world will be. Approximately like the one that will be upon release or will it be on a much smaller scale?

Side Note:

Screen_Shot_2015_08_26_at_8_42_57_PM.png

MacTheKnight, not sure if you dropped your sword there buddy.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

I'm going to record my experience for at least posterity. The glits. The glamour. Warts and all. I just can't wait to be a part of it.

My backer number is kind high though so whomever makes it in before me PLEASE drop us some streams & vids till I get brought in :)

However, I feel like the cap for 25 matches per account is not a good idea, especially not when the game mode is single elimination where you're out if you die.

You could literally use up those 25 matches in 1-2 hours if you're a bad player and/or unlucky with spawns/teams/etc.

I'd agree with you if the arena was small like a common FPS. But it sounds like it will be large with keeps and fots, etc then each match could take 40-60 mins. If you have a run of misfortune maybe 5-10 mins lol 

Nice to hear we arrived to the first testing phase.  Time sure flies by when you stop visiting the forums.  Can't wait to see more progress.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.