Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Founders' Update: Pre-Alpha News! - Official Discussion Thread

My account transactions page correctly shows a total spend of $500 but my backer rewards do not show A1 and my forum badges do not show sapphire. Is your experience different?

Checking on this.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

"At some point, we will stop running Hunger Dome matches and go back into development mode.

At or before that point, we will also set a date for our next test. What will that plan entail?  How many testers will we need?  We aren’t ready to say quite yet"

Is this talking about Alpha 2? or is there gonna be some weird s#it like Alpha 1.1

This is a pre-alpha test we're letting Alpha 1 players into to get more feedback. 

I have a question related to how big the world will be. Approximately like the one that will be upon release or will it be on a much smaller scale?

This world is itty-bitty relative to an actual campaign world. :)

Ah so this isnt a fluent overgoing process from pre-alpha into Alpha 1, ok.

That's not at all what he said. It may or may not be the case, but it's not at all what he said.

What he said was that the phase of testing starting Real Soon™ is pre-alpha. Thus, any assumption that future plans apply, specifically, to Alpha 2 is not based on evidential reasoning.

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

These are very exciting times for the Crowfall team and our backers!

FULL STORY 

Hunger Dome... i can see me complainign about the cap. When Alpha 2 still has that xD.

I would test out that mode so hard xD.

I really like that concept and hope it will be an actual mode in some variation, later on.

A slowly sparsley growing battlefield.

Ambushes, Alliances and Betrayals ....

Amore Amore~

I'm gonna sit in a grassy patch close to an droppe food item.

Just to wait ... for that unsuspecting victim to come.

Pleaes... let us be able to drop things xD.

Ah so this isnt a fluent overgoing process from pre-alpha into Alpha 1, ok.

It never was intended to be an A1 test.

This is the pre-alpha, with some A1 testers invited if they need more numbers.

The real Alpha testing comes later.

Edited by zinnie

Please let at least the first 352 KS backers in...

Everyone with Pre-Alpha access will get in.

Everyone with Alpha 1 access will get in eventually. This includes both KS and store backers.

It appears that even if you were one of the first 5 KS backers, if you did not contribute enough to get at least Alpha 1 then you are SOL for this round of testing.

Question One - if all the LotD backers are playing together and absolutely dominate pre-alpha (while providing great feedback none-the-less) and this causes other alpha players to quit because they can't handle the harsh PvP environment, will you exclude us from future alpha tests?

Or if some other guild besides LotD did that.  I'm not sure who that would be, hence using my guild :)

Question Two - how extensively do you want people to try and break things?  Do you want folks to get out their memory management tools or is it too early for that?

Regardless, this is all very exciting!  I look forward to breaking things in testing when I get the opportunity :D

Gaunsaku

Elder, Lords of the Dead

lotd.org

Question One - if all the LotD backers are playing together

3. We randomly assign each player to a three-person team.

#lern2read #PUGLyfe

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Does this mean we won't be restricted to the keep area?

The area is MUCH smaller than a CW, but it is large enough to contain a keep, a few fortresses, and a scattering of buildings.  

The encroaching Hunger Dome ensures that the play area get smaller and smaller through the course of the match.  Inevitably, the last few survivors face off at the base of the pillar of light -- assuming that players from opposing teams are still alive by the time the Dome collapses.

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

[Rules of Conduct]

Initial feedback on this announcement...

*Ahem*

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

In all seriousness, I am thoroughly excited to begin providing feedback once I begin testing, but I think it would be beneficial to both testers AND developers to have feedback and reporting templates with defined metrics BEFORE we begin testing. You've done a great job managing expectations by defining the purpose and scope, but let's see some tasks and definitive objectives!

Question One - if all the LotD backers are playing together and absolutely dominate pre-alpha (while providing great feedback none-the-less) and this causes other alpha players to quit because they can't handle the harsh PvP environment, will you exclude us from future alpha tests?

Or if some other guild besides LotD did that.  I'm not sure who that would be, hence using my guild :)

(...)

I don't think they care about people rage quitting a pre-alpha test because someone dominates someone else. I mean the whole game will be like this times thousand later on. So I don't see any reason to care about this at all.  

Also the main goal is to provide feedback and test things out. Having fun is important too but the more important thing is the testing (at least in my view). So yeah.... 

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor