Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Founders' Update: Pre-Alpha News! - Official Discussion Thread

In all honesty though, I'm glad that pre-alpha is around the corner to hopefully take the focus off how this forum operates and more onto the game. I look forward to the new discussion topics it will finally bring.

Let's stay on topic of Pre-alpha and not try diverging into another forum debate?

Let's stay on topic of Pre-alpha and not try diverging into another forum debate?

Is he really?

I thought he was saying it was nice to have some freshwater in the well since it has been dry for so long

"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers".

On 6/9/2015 at 3:44 PM, Tyrant said:

Is it me or is the Crowfall Pre-Alpha announcement almost getting no media coverage and attention? Rather disappointing.  :(

We haven't done a press release, yet, only the founder's update.  We will, very soon.

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

ESPECIALLY.... wait for it.....

WITH FRIENDLY FIRE!

I'm glad you asked.  The answer is: No, not for this test.

When we discussed our list of features, we decided that a matchmaking system for teams wasn't high enough priority at this point; it made more sense to use a simple randomizer and apply those engineering / UI / design cycles elsewhere.

As a result, friendly fire is turned off, otherwise some people would decide it would be more fun to collaborate with their guildies and skew our data. We are asking you not to put your personal enjoyment (or ego) ahead of our test results.  Now is not the time for testing the fences, because that's not where we put our focus.  

You'll have a chance to prove your superiority, I promise, but today is not that day.  Help us by playing the test the way it is offered, so that day comes as soon as possible.

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

Crowfall testing royale!

48 men enter 3 leave :)

I remember us talking about a battle royale kind of campaign type and how the hunger would be perfect for it

That other game was going to divide people up by time zones and limit them because they thought they were going to have so many testers, it never happened because people weren't use to real game testing. I see some of the same descriptions here when they talk about just how early this testing is going to be. I think the 25ish cap, whenever it gets turned on, is a great way to make sure everyone gets to experience the game but the downside is you don't find the people who are able to make the kind of serious commitment if unfortunately people stop showing up in the numbers that you need.

There was an update awhile ago about testing and it talked about how there would be more of this internal phase filled with testing that people wouldn't want to be a part of because it's so boring in most people's eyes, well there are people who would help with that :)

Coming back from work after a day of coding automated tests: real game tests are a gripe and no one wants to do it for free. Follow a scenario, find unexpected results, try to find a way to repeat, isolate the exact way to repeat it then open an issue for the devs. Go to next test.

We'll just have the fun part in those 1 to 2 hours sessions and that's why they are logging everything so they can replay it to see what is happening. I just hope this logging will be available later on like the demo files from quake or shadowbane recordings which let us get some good video editing.

I'm glad you asked.  The answer is: No, not for this test.

When we discussed our list of features, we decided that a matchmaking system for teams wasn't high enough priority at this point; it made more sense to use a simple randomizer and apply those engineering / UI / design cycles elsewhere.

As a result, friendly fire is turned off, otherwise some people would decide it would be more fun to collaborate with their guildies and skew our data. We are asking you not to put your personal enjoyment (or ego) ahead of our test results.  Now is not the time for testing the fences, because that's not where we put our focus.  

You'll have a chance to prove your superiority, I promise, but today is not that day.  Help us by playing the test the way it is offered, so that day comes as soon as possible.

Todd

ACE

There is no "proving", just displaying, but that is neither here nor there.

We paid to participate in testing Crowfall and that means we've agreed to help you research what works and doesn't.  Of course we'll all as testers want to help you figure out what is best for CF, but we're still competitors at heart, so I'm sure there will be plenty of extra affairs. :D

H1z1 champ need to wait until alpha 2 - I might invite Aethos Arma pro. player to increase the overall skill level. :(

And someone reversed into my car earlier today.  :wacko:

Not my day to be honest - I hope it's soon weekend..

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

I really dislike only being able to play a certain amount of matches per test session. I completely understand limiting testing in general (for example only having the servers up for 2 hours). But limiting the amount you can test while the servers are up just reminds me of bandwidth caps and is just annoying.

I'd rather have a server que or really any other method than just cutting people off.

I really dislike only being able to play a certain amount of matches per test session. I completely understand limiting testing in general (for example only having the servers up for 2 hours). But limiting the amount you can test while the servers are up just reminds me of bandwidth caps and is just annoying.

I'd rather have a server que or really any other method than just cutting people off.

queue

entitlement

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

Used to abbreviating queue to "que" from years of WoW arena. Made a bit of a mistake there.

Guess you wouldn't know about those from all those years of writing absolutely flawless code lmao.