Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Combat Chat 4: The Hunger Dome - Official Discussion Thread

Would you add a Keep or a castle into the Dome?

It'd be nice to test some basic sieging actions along with combat test too but I think they already have something similar present.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kneqDhm56MQ

I believe this video perfectly describes what the map for hunger dome would look like. Some sort of sieging fun would be possible with confessor projectiles

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

"possible long term rewards for winners of the Hunger Dome".

If the transcription I read is correct, Tully did not stated this phrase, but "we're still providing a fun game mode ...  and we may even tie some rewards to it long term." (at about 10:51)

So I figure that rewards would not be exclusive for winning side, but for players which give a significative contribution to testing (by the way, knowing the importance of testing, I'm thankful to them since now) 

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

I bet they actually mean 48 when they say 50.  16 3-man teams = 48 players.

did they say 50?  it's 48.  16 teams of 3, per match.  

(of course, we can multiple matches concurrently, to achieve more scale.)

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

Great Update! I can't wait to see some battle footage on Youtube! I wonder if they will keep the Hungerdome Concept through to final product. Might be a cool "arena" like function. This game has been progressing incredibly fast, the team must be working non stop!

Someone needs to make a modified music video of Danger Zone

"I WENT TO THE HUNGER DOME...HUNGER DOME"

Do not wish it is easier, wish you were better.

A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.

woot!

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/8476-crowfall-update-combat-chat-iv-with-tully-ackland-and-thomas-blair-82715/

That was a tough one to transcribe, a lot of Tullyisms and a lot of back and forth :)

oh and btw, excellent volume level.

Hiding inside something was going to be my main strat, someone got there first :)

I say everyone ignore the pvp when it first starts and try and find Tully's hidden stuff :)

I'm amazed by the work you've done on the transcription once again... Tullyism expert  :P

I also am interested in hidden things on the map  :ph34r:

"I'm totally outgunned and this is combat chat" haha the youtube generated captions are hillarious

"but then again I got teens with just steve and me at one point" does your wife know?  :P

lol those quotes are hilarious

Edited by courant101

JTodd, I do not want to shill for another game (I have zero affiliation other than a player) but have you anyone on the team playing Skyforge? It has a very similar system of combat and no healers kinda like how I think Crowfall is gonna try. Give it a look if you have 30 minutes to scrape together, or get a minion to try it. The lightbinder class is quite a bit of fun.

On the fully hunger dome front, wonderful idea and I love the quick pace and informative content of the videos. I am looking forward to testing Crowfall and comparing it to the play of the many other MMO's I have tried/tested.

ACE, do you have a God's eye view of a Hunger Dome game so you can see all the players running-around and fighting?  I assume you do, and that would be some fun footage for you to post in future updates so we can see everyone clobbering one another.

Can't wait to enter the dome!

LW_sig_concept3_zps7zqmgbno.jpg

http://crowfall.shivtr.com/  The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home.

So, when do I need to start refreshing my email for my invite?

Edit:

And is sending you a well written email asking to be put on the test team going to be helpful for me or just annoying for you?

Keep up the good work and I´ll see you in game one day.

Edited by arro

Arrogance diminishes wisdom

Awesome chat! Can't wait to see some footage..

On a side note - I am super sad to hear that there are "spawn points". That means my vision of "randomly spawning" at the beginning of the campaign "somewhere in the world" isn't true. :(

Which means, after many campaigns, people will be able to start predicting where they will spawn in, and plans can be made.

I really wanted to see the ability to truly randomly spawn anywhere in the map, so long as the terrain allows it. Spawn Points tend to follow the traditional game rules and lead to spawn camping. True randomness would eliminate that!

Lamdred Al'Ker - OTG

Awesome chat! Can't wait to see some footage..

On a side note - I am super sad to hear that there are "spawn points". That means my vision of "randomly spawning" at the beginning of the campaign "somewhere in the world" isn't true. :(

Which means, after many campaigns, people will be able to start predicting where they will spawn in, and plans can be made.

I really wanted to see the ability to truly randomly spawn anywhere in the map, so long as the terrain allows it. Spawn Points tend to follow the traditional game rules and lead to spawn camping. True randomness would eliminate that!

Just because we don't have random spawning in yet, doesn't mean it won't ever happen. Remember, this is pre alpha milestone 1. if I listed all the things we still want / have to create for the final game I'd be here all day!

Tully Ackland

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]