Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Web feature request: server status widget

A manually-updated forum post is probably not the most efficient or accurate way to publish server status information; this is exactly the sort of thing automatic polling should be used for.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

At the very least, don't report the status in a forum thread. Even if the update has to be manual, drop an indicator, in the site header or somewhere, that can be toggled when the status changes.

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

I'm pretty sure that thread is going to be used as a source of more information about the server status, not only a message saying a server is down or up. But yeah, I agree something on the main page would be great too.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Let's say the tests are open 4-5 hours per week, if we put this on the website it would equal to having an indicator that shows "offline" 97% of the time, which may not be really attractive for potential backers.

I agree that displaying status automatically on the forums would be more effective.

Edited by courant101

Let's say the tests are open 4-5 hours per week, if we put this on the website it would equal to having an indicator that shows "offline" 97% of the time, which may not be really attractive for potential backers.

I think it's actually good to show it all the time, so that anyone who does have access can, at a glance, know if a test is running. Name it appropriately (something like "Test Server Is: NOT RUNNING"), and possibly even drop it into a subpage of the site, but it should be readily- and intuitively-findable.

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

I think it's actually good to show it all the time, so that anyone who does have access can, at a glance, know if a test is running. Name it appropriately (something like "Test Server Is: NOT RUNNING"), and possibly even drop it into a subpage of the site, but it should be readily- and intuitively-findable.

Yes, I also want it to be displayed all the time, I think however that this indicator could be put on the forums, in the testing forum, rather than on the main page.

I often visit the CU website and every time I do, I see 4WQUAAw.png?1 and I'm wondering why they even put this indicator on the front page if it's so rarely online. For people visiting the website from time to time, it may look like the testings are rarely open, when in fact it's not accurate.

I often visit the CU website and every time I do, I see 4WQUAAw.png?1 and I'm wondering why they even put this indicator on the front page if it's so rarely online.

Then it should be the other way around. Show it when the server is active/online and hide it when it's offline/inactive.

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!