Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Testers forum not entirely read-only?

Go to solution Solved by Pann,

There will be a Pre-Alpha Combat Test section on the forums, with posting limited to enabled testers, but everyone can read them.

Earlier today we saw several sub-forums appearing under the new Testers forum which are now not there anymore. There were 4 sub-forums which we could read and not post in. Like the quote above, I expected as much and I think it's totally the right way to do this.

But then I saw several posts moved or deleted (by JTC), and reposted in another sub-forum. It was rather chaotic and shortly thereafter sub-forums disappeared.

I assume this is a permissions 'bug' or setting and the result of restructuring these forums to make it all work a bit better. But we can't read the bug reports that were posted earlier anymore which were rather interesting.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I was wondering why they would put the bug report section viewable to all. I agree that it's interesting to look at, but displaying openly all the flaws of the game, without being certain at 100% that all those flaws can be fixed before the next phase of testing, seemed like a not so good idea.

We were lucky to have a glimpse of the entire testing forum. Hopefully we can get in there asap.  :P

Edited by courant101

Yeah, hopefully it's a bug. I really hoped to be reading more about the tester's experiences. There were also some good responses by JTC that are gone as well.

Edited by arawulf

Sorry for the cornfusion. The uninteresting truth is that Friday was chaotic. I didn't quite achieve Full Hunter status, but JT and I got our wires crossed and I launched some stuff a little earlier than he wanted it made public. The plan is to have all of it visible to you again in the very near future. 

Sorry for the cornfusion. The uninteresting truth is that Friday was chaotic. I didn't quite achieve Full Hunter status, but JT and I got our wires crossed and I launched some stuff a little earlier than he wanted it made public. The plan is to have all of it visible to you again in the very near future. 

I'd call this emergent gameplay and the CF forums is the good place for it!

Now that we've glimpsed the bug report section, I'm sure people are even more enthusiast about the tests.  ^_^

Edited by courant101

Dont apologize man, Im all about that cornfusion. Its the best type of fusion

CornxButter, (Popped)CornxCarmel, etc

xD

Why did it take three days to say this? Is angsty speculation among high-strung backers anxious to see the pre-alpha leading to ragey assumptions of conspiracy and misdeed something ACE likes?

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

Why did it take three days to say this? Is angsty speculation among high-strung backers anxious to see the pre-alpha leading to ragey assumptions of conspiracy and misdeed something ACE likes?

That shows how much trust some backers have in ACE and how much drama they want to cause. We all got screwed over by devs before. And we donated some crazy amounts of money also. So I understand it to some degree.

But so far ACE has given us no reason to mistrust them in any way, so I assumed it was a simple permission mistake/error. Which is confirmed by Pann now. You'll have to put some trust in the developers some day.  ^_^

ZCcquVD.png

But so far ACE has given us no reason to mistrust them in any way, so I assumed it was a simple permission mistake/error.

Oh sure. I wasn't questioning the mistake. I was questioning why it took three days to explain. It's not like anyone could possibly have thought backers didn't see the forums appear and disappear, so as soon as the mistake was corrected, anyone who has any experience with backers should have realized that there would be raised eyebrows, and an explanation should have been issued immediately. ACE wasn't obligated to issue an explanation, but it's a trivial step in maintaining good will, and clearly an explanation has been issued, so why wasn't it issued immediately, instead of three days later?

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

Oh sure. I wasn't questioning the mistake. I was questioning why it took three days to explain. It's not like anyone could possibly have thought backers didn't see the forums appear and disappear, so as soon as the mistake was corrected, anyone who has any experience with backers should have realized that there would be raised eyebrows, and an explanation should have been issued immediately. ACE wasn't obligated to issue an explanation, but it's a trivial step in maintaining good will, and clearly an explanation has been issued, so why wasn't it issued immediately, instead of three days later?

I assume it has something to do with it being the weekend and all, but Pann or Todd are the only ones who can answer this.

ZCcquVD.png

There're some who are worried about the NDA rumour and the open transparency since the very beginning of the project - as long 'testers' can stream and show some content when pre-alpha starts as promised in KS - it would be great.

I doubt people care about grey boxes since it's so early in development.

http://www.angrycrows.com/thread/135-ace-s-transparency/

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

As far as I know, they let some individuals connect for a few hours before the pre-alpha started. It's normal that they ask them to wait before streaming their gameplay at least until the pre-alpha begins.

Pretty sure they're still sticking with the no NDA for pre-alpha.