Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
majestic

Questing?

Will there be quests in this game? Im kinda hoping there wont be I can't stand to quest grind ... 

~Majestic~

GL of Questionable Motives

"I don't do touchy, feely....I do scratchy, bleedy"

Will there be quests in this game? Im kinda hoping there wont be I can't stand to quest grind ... 

I think what you mean to say is

"If quest are in the game, I hope they're not the central way to level, and that leveling (if present at all) is distributed in a new and engaging way."

Edited by phatcat09

#CrowFallBata

~Sweet Sensations~

puppy punch Count: 28

I could have sworn I saw a dev post saying they're working on quests.  Seconding phatcat's sentiment that it be handled in a different way.  Multiple paths to leveling is the way to go, and time spent building a bunch of throwaway sub-narratives and fetch quests could instead be better spent developing the systems of a dynamic changing world, directed by player action and choice.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

They HAVE to have some pve fluff. And it needs to be good to keep a population healthy. I also hope to got there isnt any instanced pve because the nonpvpers will flock to instanced pve places to avoid the pvp. Unless they combine the two. Nah I still dont like instanced

X6RBqg7.gif

They HAVE to have some pve fluff. And it needs to be good to keep a population healthy. I also hope to got there isnt any instanced pve because the nonpvpers will flock to instanced pve places to avoid the pvp. Unless they combine the two. Nah I still dont like instanced

If a PvP game needs PvE players to be soft targets for easy kills, the PvE elements will not be enough to keep the ardent non-PvPers around.  I hope really that anything that's not directly PvP related still feeds into things meant to help your faction/alliance in the larger PvP or RvR sense.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

If a PvP game needs PvE players to be soft targets for easy kills, the PvE elements will not be enough to keep the ardent non-PvPers around.  I hope really that anything that's not directly PvP related still feeds into things meant to help your faction/alliance in the larger PvP or RvR sense.

Its not about soft targets or easy kills. Its about a healthy population. Sb had its fair share of pve ers. They enjoyed farming, pling, gathering runes and elite gear. Did they do the big pvp likes banes? Sure. But when it was time to go roll zones or whatever they uaually opted out in favor of those thinhs or rolling gear etc.

Im hoping there is better pve than just grinding mobs to help make leveling not seem so bad and to help keep more people in game

X6RBqg7.gif

Hopefully there will be but hopefully both it and PvP are optional.  Perhaps you can level different ways.  By either PvP or PvE or crafting.

Not quite carebear, but sort of cousin to,

meh, grumpy old lady...

Never underestimate grumpy old ladies.

If there are quests I want them to be long epic adventures, full of lore, exciting places to explore and things to kill.  They should not give XP themselves but be sources of storyline and nice loot.  Quests in current MMOs aren't really quests.  Most of the time they are just "tasks."

Careful what you wish for. With no questing there will have to be something to replace it that may be seen as an even bigger grind. ie killing mobs or having to do some form of repetitive tasks/achievements/etc to gain exp or what ever the progression mechanic will be.

Edited by pang

I made a suggestion thread earlier in regards as to how I hope they handle quests (if implemented) into Crowfall. To be honest though, I just hope they encourage people to group up more than anything, regardless of what levelling systems they choose to implement.

Edited by big boss

There's only room for one Boss. And one Snake...

I hope really that anything that's not directly PvP related still feeds into things meant to help your faction/alliance in the larger PvP or RvR sense.

I agreed completely!  Quests are fine as breadcrumbs or signposts for activity, but it should all be about the epic struggle of the "Game of Thrones" and not just about getting your character to max level or creating yet another "theme park" MMO experience.

rSHxVEY.gif

If there are quests, they should be few and far between, and things you discover instead of having giant exclamation points. The quest grind WoW introduced has to be one of the stupidest elements ever introduced to the MMORPG.

Edited by frozenshadow

Its not about soft targets or easy kills. Its about a healthy population. Sb had its fair share of pve ers. They enjoyed farming, pling, gathering runes and elite gear. Did they do the big pvp likes banes? Sure. But when it was time to go roll zones or whatever they uaually opted out in favor of those thinhs or rolling gear etc.

Im hoping there is better pve than just grinding mobs to help make leveling not seem so bad and to help keep more people in game

Who the heck were you playing with? We'd dual box macro and go roll zones lol

Yes to quests, no to meaningless, collect bear ass quests. Make fewer quests, but make them more significant/meaningful.

This, I love some good "epic" class/race/faction specific quests, but mundane "omg can u go get some firewood for me? muh back hurts. thing is that the firewood is on that skeleton tho :3 ill gib u some monies" quests are tired.

b7xcsz.jpg

this makes sense ...just dont want to spend all day questing to get lvld so i can effectively pvp or what not - questing in many games I've played drive me nutz ...I much rather kill a group of mobs and lvl and get gold etc... instead of trying to figure out where my next quest is! too much time is wasted questing. 

~Majestic~

GL of Questionable Motives

"I don't do touchy, feely....I do scratchy, bleedy"

this makes sense ...just dont want to spend all day questing to get lvld so i can effectively pvp or what not - questing in many games I've played drive me nutz ...I much rather kill a group of mobs and lvl and get gold etc... instead of trying to figure out where my next quest is! too much time is wasted questing.

I hate quests too. But there needs to be somethin for the pve crowd. Doesnt have to necessarily be questing. But a little fluff to keep them around.

X6RBqg7.gif

Careful what you wish for. With no questing there will have to be something to replace it that may be seen as an even bigger grind. ie killing mobs or having to do some form of repetitive tasks/achievements/etc to gain exp or what ever the progression mechanic will be.

There already is something better.  It's called run up to another group of people and fight them for territory, farm, and bragging rights.  Otherwise known as PVP.