Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Caenth

Crowfall Pledge Reward Comparison

So up until very recently, I had held off on buying more than 1 account. My experience with such things has taught me that sometimes committing and supporting something early does not always mean you get the most for your investment. With the repeated warnings by ACE that the store packages would be changing at the end of the year, there was the feeling that buying any of these older packages would mean you would be getting better value than the newer one, so I went against my long-held feeling and made purchases just before the deadline.

Today the new packages are out, and I have some questions about their relative value. There are a few examples of this, but for simplicity's sake I'll focus on one.

The 2017 Amber Package in the store the night before the changes cost 249$ and granted the following:

Up to Alpha 2 Access
Digital Copy (Store Value 50$)*
3 Months of VIP (Store Value 45$)*
1 Medium Fort (Store Value 320$)* (includes wall pieces, 1 Fort Lodge, Store Value 65$, 12-cell Shire Parcel Rank 1 Store Value 150$)**
1 Cottage (Store Value 65$)**
5 Tax Free Parcels (20 cells - Store Value 75$)**

Quarterhorse Mount (skin) (Store Value 10$)
Warhorse Mount (skin) (Store Value 15$)
Nightmare Mount (skin) (Store Value 30$)
Knight Title

The new Adventurer Package, costs 199$ and grants the following:

Early Access, level unknown
Digital Copy (Store Value 50$)*
2 Months of VIP (Store Value 30$)*
Hamlet Parcel, Rank 1 (8 cells - Store Value 75$)**
1 Manor (Store Value 180$)**

Quarterhorse Mount (skin) (Store Value 10$)
2 Merchant Pack Pigs (Store Value 30$)**

The value of some things is not known, but looking at the items of 'practical asset value' only - tagged * or ** -  you have:

2017 Amber Package
Cost: 249$
Total Value: 610$
Corrected Value: 550$ (using old value of 1$ for each tax-free parcel, instead of 15$)
Practical Asset Value: 450$*,**

Adventurer Package
Cost: 199$
Total Value: 375$
Corrected Value: 375$
Practical Asset Value: 365$

At first glance, these compare fairly well, even if focusing on those items of in-game practical value - discarding cosmetic things like titles, skins and so on. The Walls and other assets which are granted with the Fort Pack do have practical value, but only if you have the PvP flag on for the parcel they are placed in.

The key difference here and the area I am questioning, are the relative values of the buildings these two packages grant - comparing the Cottage and Fort Lodge granted by Amber, with the Manor granted by Adventurer. These are priced and described as granting the following:

Cottage, 65$ - "The Cottage is a small player house (with almost 1800 square feet of interior space) that can be installed in your Eternal Kingdom and used to house a crafting station!"
Fort Lodge, 65$ - "central stronghold building (Lodge)" (no slots listed, has potential physical space for 4 crafting stations)

Manor, 180$ - "The Manor is a large, sprawling player house (with over 15,500 square feet of interior space!) that can be installed in your Eternal Kingdom and used to house a multitude of crafting stations and NPC vendors!"

From this perspective, the manor clearly offers more practical value. Over 8 and a half times the amount of interior space, and a multitude of crafting station slots - 8 to 10 perhaps? - as compared to the combined possibly 5 maximum from the cottage and lodge. Then the important and valuable NPC vendor slots on top of that...as well as relic/shrine slots, not mentioned but present, in this regard, make the Adventurer package significantly better than the older and more expensive Amber package.

Some of my assumptions and valuations are no doubt questionable, but the definition of what is of practical value is very clear in my mind - what has impact or influence over gameplay, especially over the primary game space, campaign worlds - and crafting stations, NPC vendors and relic slots absolutely fall into this category.

So I guess my general question is to @Tyrant - can you tell us what the exact numbers are for crafting station slots for the Fort Lodge and Manor respectively, and if my analysis of these relative values is correct, if there are any plans to 'buff' the older package in this regard?

Thanks kindly for reading through my wall of text, for those that made it. ;P

Edited by Anthrage

On 1/2/2018 at 12:43 PM, Anthrage said:

So I guess my general question is to @Tyrant - can you tell us what the exact numbers are for crafting station slots for the Fort Lodge and Manor respectively, and if my analysis of these relative values is correct, if there are any plans to 'buff' the older package in this regard?

1) no idea yet, though I hope Todd and Blair will let us know soon

2) no plans to "buff" old packages

That was a wall-o-text!

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

44 minutes ago, YouTubejasonwivart said:

these appears to be unpinned why? =( 

Why would it be pinned? A player-made comparison of a bunch of old pledge packages that are now unavailable doesn't seem like something that needs to be pinned.

IhhQKY6.gif

Yeah, too bad. It's obvious that this comparison is still needed and helpful. Linked to it myself just the other day (and had to search it, because it travelled, uhm, to the other site (page 6 or so?).

On the other hand, looks like cleaning up. In the end it's still just a crow-made thread which went past it's most important times.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

6 hours ago, Jah said:

Why would it be pinned? A player-made comparison of a bunch of old pledge packages that are now unavailable doesn't seem like something that needs to be pinned.

Because you still can buy and sell old packages. This is a amazing resource that should still be pinned until at least soft launch.

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

13 hours ago, jcpro said:

hi,

how do i claim my quaterhorse in game that came with my pack?

Welcome to the forums.

Basically, like Jah said.

But once they are implemented, you can import them by using the purchase tab. Right now you can find it if you login -> click on Eternal Kingdoms, God's Reach or Campaign. The purchase tab will be in the header of the next side. Search for your backer reward, mark it and press the "import selected" button. In case of a general wipe (last one will be immediately before launch), you will find your rewards back in the purchase tab. So you won't loose them, feel free to test them as soon as they are available.

The mount system is currently in development. There is an inventory slots for saddles (where to put mounts at) an increased movement when you use it. Right now you would have to use a pack pig saddle, which is purchasable from the vendors in the start areas for 900 gold. And there is no mount animation yet, so your char will just move faster. But ... it's a start. ;)

Have fun, good luck

Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:25 PM, Tyrant said:

1) no idea yet, though I hope Todd and Blair will let us know soon

2) no plans to "buff" old packages

That was a wall-o-text!

any update on these?

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA