Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
preston

Shadowbane -- Deception anyone?

Anyone here play on the Deception server? 

I was in the Kingdom of Eleador and Defenders of Order.  Most notable memories are 1) getting sent a virus by the guild Avatars of Flame; 2) learning that one of the guilds on the server were producers of Darkfall Online (yes, they kicked butt); 3) a guildmate named "Wink" aka "Uhe Sunstalker" stole 10 million gold from the guild and sold it on eBay; 4) .EXE; and 5) the epic battles.   Shadowbane was brutal.

28swihl.jpg

Edited by preston

http://winterblades.net/history/

http://winterblades.net/history/chapter-one/  <--History on Deception Server.

I may have to steal your map.  I also have the old Deception Reports stashed around.

Death for Life!

er.. Death server. Silent Tribe was the largest guild I was in but it was not nearly as fun as some of the smaller ones I was in that I can't remember the names of, although someone reminded me once when I described the banner... but I have forgotten again :P (White banner near Kings Cross.. something about "The Elite or Elitists"

I played an Aracoix thief named Jindo the most I think.

Wow. I feel old.

SB ahead of its time really.

Waxing nostalgic now...

Played bard in LoS before DOO and Sand whatever guilds turned the server PvE.

Played cloth huntress Phaed for gigs later on some such other server in Holroms guild.

/invite

Death for Life!

er.. Death server. Silent Tribe was the largest guild I was in but it was not nearly as fun as some of the smaller ones I was in that I can't remember the names of, although someone reminded me once when I described the banner... but I have forgotten again :P (White banner near Kings Cross.. something about "The Elite or Elitists"

I played an Aracoix thief named Jindo the most I think.

It was "The Elitists".  I think Gozer the Traveller and some of his guys started that guild.  If I remember correctly.  They occupied the area that was once occupied by Choas Element, and The White Tower.  TWT was later known as Knights of the Burning Moon.

Edited by cmurder

Yep, was there. Fuzzy on memories though. Was with the wanderers, east of khar had a deflock, but also ran an errant thief. then started our own guild with my brothers in law, Wreckless Abandon. ran horses with the last name Hellrazor. Joined the DoO side on the big server war if I remember correctly & were victorious

Hey,

I played Reigngod and later Reign as mains. Mino warriors.  Was there early on with KoA.  We had some great fights and loved every minute.

One of my earliest "oh crap" moments was a bane set on (I believe) HD's city. One wall had been knocked down early, and a building was put in its place in time that left only a small hole for attackers to come through. I remember stepping into it and using "Hold the line" to block the path and telling the other warriors to trade out with me as it went on cooldown. Our healers that day were doing an amazing job. It seemed like a couple hours of cycling through a couple of us in order to keep the large group from flooding in.

Still bugs me that they removed that skill later. Was very useful.

Some of my favorite times were just patrolling around looking for KC raiding groups around "our" troll camp :P

Edited by Reigngod

It was "The Elitists".  I think Gozer the Traveller and some of his guys started that guild.  If I remember correctly.  They occupied the area that was once occupied by Choas Element, and The White Tower.  TWT was later known as Knights of the Burning Moon.

Really late but I believe this is accurate. Originally that area was controlled by TWT and CE. CE later fell to LoD and TWT fell due to the leadership quitting the game and basically leaving the city to rot.

Guy named Garen(I think?) took over and created EoBM which lasted for a while but eventually had the subs fracture from it. My history on the area gets a little hazy after that point because I think I took a break from Death and played on the first Test server they brought up. EoBM didn't fully fall apart though and eventually formed an alliance to fight LoD I believe but I wasn't a part of all of those shenanigans. They ended up getting their cap destroyed a couple of times because they were pretty awful players(I was a part of that nation and was one of the fragments that broke off).

Drenath also was in one of those subs that broke off and happened to have a city right next to mine I think. I think it was Drenath anyway. May be mistaking names at this point though. Was a long long time ago.

Really late but I believe this is accurate. Originally that area was controlled by TWT and CE. CE later fell to LoD and TWT fell due to the leadership quitting the game and basically leaving the city to rot.

Guy named Garen(I think?) took over and created EoBM which lasted for a while but eventually had the subs fracture from it. My history on the area gets a little hazy after that point because I think I took a break from Death and played on the first Test server they brought up. EoBM didn't fully fall apart though and eventually formed an alliance to fight LoD I believe but I wasn't a part of all of those shenanigans. They ended up getting their cap destroyed a couple of times because they were pretty awful players(I was a part of that nation and was one of the fragments that broke off).

Drenath also was in one of those subs that broke off and happened to have a city right next to mine I think. I think it was Drenath anyway. May be mistaking names at this point though. Was a long long time ago.

You are exactly right Phylor.  Much later Garren and his wife Saya came back and played on test.  I saw his name on noob isle and started a conversation with him.  They ended up playing with us in Shadow Dragon for a short time before they quit playing again.

Also, The White Tower were allies of House in Visus. When the capitol fell, the guilds all subbed under Garren and formed Empire of the Burning Moon.  Green shield and a yellow rising sun symbol. House in Visus was later replaced by Riders on the Storm.  They were located in  North West Mainland.  I remember The White Tower so well because they had dropped their walls wrong and they were inverted.  You could /stuck into their city.  We used to go PVP in their town all of the time lol.  They were kind of dumb.  I miss the old SB days.  Beta and Fear server with Ebonlore, Trechery Server with Covenant of Swords, Test Server with my nation, or DeathRyders or Commanders Reborn, and most of all Death server with LoD,   The Golden Era of SB!!! 

Edited by cmurder

You are exactly right Phylor.  Much later Garren and his wife Saya came back and played on test.  I saw his name on noob isle and started a conversation with him.  They ended up playing with us in Shadow Dragon for a short time before they quit playing again.

Also, The White Tower were allies of House in Visus. When the capitol fell, the guilds all subbed under Garren and formed Empire of the Burning Moon.  Green shield and a yellow rising sun symbol. House in Visus was later replaced by Riders on the Storm.  They were located in  North West Mainland.  I remember The White Tower so well because they had dropped their walls wrong and they were inverted.  You could /stuck into their city.  We used to go PVP in their town all of the time lol.  They were kind of dumb.  I miss the old SB days.  Beta and Fear server with Ebonlore, Trechery Server with Covenant of Swords, Test Server with my nation, or DeathRyders or Commanders Reborn, and most of all Death server with LoD,   The Golden Era of SB!!! 

RotS had that one kinda crazy woman leading them if I remember right. Can't remember her name for the life of me but I definitely remember her threatening a bunch of much larger nations and it was kind of hilarious.

I played on deception from day one to the day it was shut down and we transferred to the Vengeance server.

I was GM of the KoA Nation, which is the main city of Acheron on your map (and later became just KoA)

I loved that server and both the allies and enemies we had on it. Much better than the garbage we dealt with on the Vengeance server afterwards. We were pretty much the largest nation left on the server when Deception was shut down. I guess that was as close as anyone could get to "winning" the game in an MMO, lol.

I added a couple of pictures. The first is from the beginning on Deception right after we placed our first city. This was around day two or three from when the server opened up. The second picture is months later right before the deception server was shut down.

oEBad2V.jpg

wWg5rEQ.jpg

Hey,

I played Reigngod and later Reign as mains. Mino warriors.  Was there early on with KoA.  We had some great fights and loved every minute.

One of my earliest "oh crap" moments was a bane set on (I believe) HD's city. One wall had been knocked down early, and a building was put in its place in time that left only a small hole for attackers to come through. I remember stepping into it and using "Hold the line" to block the path and telling the other warriors to trade out with me as it went on cooldown. Our healers that day were doing an amazing job. It seemed like a couple hours of cycling through a couple of us in order to keep the large group from flooding in.

Hello Reign

Here is a picture from that HD bane you were talking about. :)

8ZFRL5i.jpg

Started on Deception here.  Was in House Daeynr, my friend Alkwing ended up becoming GL.

I remember Alkwing and Rhibald from Daeynr, favorite two ICs to chat with for HD.

There are actually pics of me in tells with both Rhibald and Galahad in there. http://winterblades.net/history/chapter-one/

Edited by angelmar

Hello Reign

Here is a picture from that HD bane you were talking about. :)

That takes me back...I think that was the first time in the game where I felt my actions had substantial impact as opposed to just being part of a mob throwing stuff back and forth. Thanks for the screen shot!  :)

And I see Kalis in there too....He kept me alive the entire time....Miss that guy.

Edited by Reigngod