Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pleonast

Consume package or not?

I'm a KS backer but I haven't followed the game closely. I have a package. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to consume it or not. Do I need to consume it in order to get its benefits? Specifically, will I be able to do the monarch and hero names if I do or do not consume my package?

A brief search of the FAQs doesn't explain what consuming packages is supposed to do. Likely, I've missed some info, so please enlighten me.

Kickstarter Backer #1070

Nope! Keep it where it is. You'll get the Alpha and Beta invites.

Once you unpack it, you cannot upgrade. Keep that in mind. :D

I wouldn't unpack it until launch. Or unless you wanted to trade some of the pieces in your bundle.

Edited by NocturnalDemise

OS_Sig3.png

Do I need to consume it in order to get its benefits? Specifically, will I be able to do the monarch and hero names if I do or do not consume my package?

Yes, in the case of activating the name reservations you need to consume your bundle.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Nope! Keep it where it is. You'll get the Alpha and Beta invites.

Once you unpack it, you cannot upgrade. Keep that in mind. :D

I wouldn't unpack it until launch. Or unless you wanted to trade some of the pieces in your bundle.

If you un-bundled it, you can re-bundle it again by asking the artcraft support. If you upgrade from KS to a 2015 package it get's consumed (I guess. I mean I didn't consume my package so I guess the system does it automatically. )

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

What does consuming the package do? My tests are still listed as rewards so is it just the other stuff?

If you want to use the other stuff (out- and in-game) then you will eventually have to consume your bundle. 

ZCcquVD.png

If you want to use the other stuff (out- and in-game) then you will eventually have to consume your bundle. 

Thanks! Can you point to where a Dev or FAQ describes this?

I'm slightly concerned because when I click the button to consume my bundle, I get the warning message: "You will not be able to recover your reward KS Sapphire Patron Early Bird once you click on consume". I don't want to lose my reward, so I don't click it. Since it's a (mostly) irreversible process, I don't want to lose something I'm entitled to.

Kickstarter Backer #1070

Yippee not going to lose anything you're entitled to by consuming; you just lose the ability to upgrade to a larger package if you decide to increase your investment later.

If you're confident that you have purchased at the correct level and will not be upgrading further then there are no strong arguments for or against consuming now.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

You won't loose anything. It just opens up the package and all the elements inside will be visible. These elements are then part of your account instead of the package itself. If you are sure you don't want to upgrade anymore, you can safely consume.

It's like a birthday present; you can keep the package with the paper still wrapped around it or you open the present and enjoy your gift!

In the case you consumed your package and you're changed your mind you can write an email to support@artcraftent.com to ask if they can re-package it.

ZCcquVD.png

Okay, thanks. I'll go ahead and consume it.

They really should improve the documentation about it.

It's a bit confusing yes, but there are some Crows bailing ACE out by giving quick answers to new questions! We should make a community FAQ. You just gave me an idea.  :)

ZCcquVD.png