Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Combat Milestone 1: The path to playtesting - Official discussion thread

noice!

Very impressive and nice to see a familiar project flow. (being a project / engineer myself)

I honestly have to say that the approach of development is really something.

Edited by Thyr

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

Holy moly! Thanks for giving me what I have been sifting through the interwebs to find. Looks amazing and progress definitely seems extremely rapid. Although the video guy did miss one or two "hunger dome" voice alterations (deal breaker imho). What is milestone #2?

Edit:might be nice if the enemy nameplate popped up if someone in your group has started attacking them already. Sort of indicating who someone else is focusing.

Edited by Blender

I'm sure it'll change... well I hope at least, but just 1 thing:

right-click looting is BAD!

so is only 1 looter at a time...

This struck me as well - looting needs to be multiple user simultaneously!  (I'm sure they are early in the system design and this is subject to change)

rSHxVEY.gif

F is the interact to loot key not sure what you mean by right click looting, or if mean instant looting, its not that either you hit F to open the chest or corpse and then have to click on items to take them, its all shown in the video. and Friendly fire isn't On yet so likely we can knock other players off of chest and corpse' with FF.

Anyways, yeah awesome to see the progress and continued transparency of the process we rarely see.

Edited by pang

Finally some in-game vids. Yes it was super rough but we all knew it would be. Glad to see the foundations being built and for trusting your hardcore fans (that's all of us crazies on the forum) to understand that the "pretty part" will come later. Honestly draws us into the development process more, which we wanted since we did BACK this bad boy lol

Have to agree with freeze here. It wasn't mentioned in the video but is that just a temp thing right now? Later will free for all looting happened and drag items instead of instant looting?

I feel that only letting a single person loot bodies OR chests at a time takes from the wild nature of the CWs. It also cheapens the experience of the "dangerous world" and makes it feel less threatening. We should be clawing and fighting for everything we get.