Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Combat Milestone 1: The path to playtesting - Official discussion thread

Like already said with FF we will likely be able to take others off of chests and loot. Fighting over the loot containers (body's and chests) to see who gets it seems more fit for this type of game then it just being open to everyone and first come first serve, IMO.

It also makes looting a more controlled element... as opposed to the whole baal run mentality...

And with that all sorts of tactics will come into play....

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

How does this look and play so much better after four months than Camelot Unchained does after a couple years? sheesh.

Because Camelot has built their own game engine while Crowfall is using a pre-existing engine.

How it all plays out at the end of development is what matters.

Sorry you turned into a two-bit carebear whose feelings get hurt over forum banter.

So should bodies just pop like pinatas and scatter candy on the ground?

drag&drop is so 1995 tho

Later on if you don't like who is looting a corpse you can just push them off or kill them.  It's 2015...

Like already said with FF we will likely be able to take others off of chests and loot. Fighting over the loot containers (body's and chests) to see who gets it seems more fit for this type of game then it just being open to everyone and first come first serve, IMO.

These right here illustrate the how some are missing the pros of having a drag and drop system where everyone has access to chests/bodies.

These are all examples of conveniences which I absolutely love for PvE game. I don't want to drag and drop items in Diablo 3 because it doesn't add anything to the game. The game has a multitude of it drops that they become white noise. However in CF items mean so much more. The fact that someone is looting your hard earned gear should have greater significance. 

FFA looting also lets more players that are NOT on the same team/faction/guild fight over the gear is thieving/stealthy ways. Have a cloaked player stealing your loot can happen in a FFA loot system. Taking that away is just another mechanic that lowers the overall risk. Something to remember is you can't look at this in a vacum but how will it effect the over all gaming experience.

I don't think you'll get deviation in the type of weapon. The Legionnaire has a lance, then a mace-lance, yet it's still a lance. As such, I think the knight will only have a sword unless it's promoted.

At 2:50 in the video they show some of the Disciplines the Knight can take, including Master of Axes, Master of Hammers, and Master of Swords.  It does seem like people will be able to make Knights that use different weapons than sword.

IhhQKY6.gif

These right here illustrate the how some are missing the pros of having a drag and drop system where everyone has access to chests/bodies.

These are all examples of conveniences which I absolutely love for PvE game. I don't want to drag and drop items in Diablo 3 because it doesn't add anything to the game. The game has a multitude of it drops that they become white noise. However in CF items mean so much more. The fact that someone is looting your hard earned gear should have greater significance. 

FFA looting also lets more players that are NOT on the same team/faction/guild fight over the gear is thieving/stealthy ways. Have a cloaked player stealing your loot can happen in a FFA loot system. Taking that away is just another mechanic that lowers the overall risk. Something to remember is you can't look at this in a vacum but how will it effect the over all gaming experience.

I actually think drag and drop is quite antiquated.... it's one of those things that I feel like ACE would need to move past.... Some people won't like it one way, some won't like it another way, but they gotta weigh the benefits of each feature and pick what works best in the time they are releasing the game. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

On the subject of single person looting: I hope it's a place holder.

re: multiple players access containers concurrently

it wasn't a placeholder, it just wasn't working when we shot that video.  it's working now.

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

As described FFA loot just seems antiquated and clunky mechanics IMO. If you're fine with having to have multiple inventory boxes open on your screen during PvP ok then, but just seems to me a little convenience and fair play isn't a bad thing to be added and doesn't take anything away. Free for all loot first come first serve to me seems to heavily favor melee. With having to fight for who can open the container makes for better overall gameplay, IMO.

re: multiple players access containers concurrently

it wasn't a placeholder, it just wasn't working when we shot that video.  it's working now.

Todd

ACE

and settled. As long as we still have to fight for the loot and its not disproportionately skewed towards one class type.

Edited by pang