Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Combat Milestone 1: The path to playtesting - Official discussion thread

I had a cold shower over my shoulders going down my back watching this.

Only really well made games were able giving me this feeling.

Was it out of a deep feeling of immersion, or being astonished by something creative, or surprising positive/negative storytwists, but never when I looked at alpha footage.

The best game investment I made the last 10 years, thank you ACE.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

FcV7tADm.jpg

Look at those Mastery Post-its!

It looks like Master of Axes grants bleeds, Master of Hammers grants a stun and something i can't make out, and Master of Swords grants you a root and a snare.

Never trust anything you see on a sticky.  It's on a sticky for a reason.

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

I'm bad, but I'm not THAT bad.  I was probably AFK and got eaten by the Hunger.

Todd

Only for clarification.

This game mechanic is unique to the Hunger Dome right?!

The Hunger wont close in like that in the campaign worlds as well?

The Hunger is going to destroy the worlds in the campaign worlds through a different way?

This death cloud isnt the real hunger right?

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

It looks like Master of Axes grants bleeds, Master of Hammers grants a stun and something i can't make out, and Master of Swords grants you a root and a snare.

And Master of Puppets grants Pull String. This ability is severely OP against female characters every 30 days.

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

How does this look and play so much better after four months than Camelot Unchained does after a couple years? sheesh.

That's because CU focused first on the engine (they built it practically from scratch) instead of combat. They've been struggling too.

Edited by helix

Drawing new beasts.

I do believe I spied a pencil sketch on a sheet of note paper leaning against a monitor at 10:04 in the video...  It could be a JTod original, it did have animal ears like a marmot.

I am still after the hand sketch of the first Hipppogriff mock up with the scorpion tail, so far no luck, I might have to raise the bid to thirty bucks. 

I really loved seeing the collision and how you'll have to take that into account during fights. 

Although, it would have been awesome to see the person getting stuck in the house, then destroyed by the three man team, be a centaur.

Quick turn and donkey kick, wheee... all three go flying from the staircase.

Looks great so far!

Awesome! This sorta makes me want to Alpha test sooner - it neat seeing things as they progress rather than beta testing something closer to what the final game will be. That way you won't get spoiled by playing the same stuff?

Didn't watch all of it (silly work) but did skip from here to there; nice detail on what's currently available and seeing matches is great. I'll look forward to seeing all the footage/comments from the alpha testers!

Speechless feeling when you belive in something, and this little dream in turn this big show in front of you... We all backers took a leap of faith, and it`s been greatly rewarded.

It's just my opnion but this no-NDA of artcraft was one of the best moves in the video game business this last past years and will be greatly succeded because of this decision!

Congratz and Thanks ArtCraft, you all rocks!

mael4.jpg