Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sentinel: Axe

Dondagora

Based on the recent announcement video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsWcAjQ2pow&feature=youtu.be), it seems Sentinel will not have bow but rather have axe, which is just speculation of course, and the footage was from quite a while ago.

However wanted to put it out there that it is a possibility and that it does not necessarily mean melee, since throwing-axes are a thing.

It also seems like that all of the Knight's promotions seem to keep his shield.

Thought this was relevant and felt a discussion was needed.

The axe may be the Primary weapon of choice. I also noticed that the Knight has been stealth nerfed already in that it looks now that they cannot dual wield swords. 

I think throwing weapons would be a nice change of pace. Give a sort of mid-close range effect. Curious to see the explanation of how the Sentinel would have so many throwing axes equipped at a time (assuming the whole fight they are just chucking the things)

But I'd like to see that. Opens the door for other throwing/projectile weapons as well in the physics game.

OS_Sig3.png

"Nerf" is a silly thing to say about a design change this early in the development process.

Getting rid of dual wielding (and/or the bow) may have been a consequence of the decision that promotions would not change an archetype's core role. That isn't a nerf, it's just fleshing out the design philosophy.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I was mainly teasing. But they did alter the artwork on this site that showed the Knight dual wielding swords while fighting a Champion.

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...