Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mezcon

World Diversity

So my question for this forum thread is how diverse and how alien can we expect these worlds to be?  In the lore of the game so far, we know that the Crows go out into these different worlds to collect resources for there guilds/kingdoms.  Since these are separate worlds and not just zones of one world like in a typical theme park style MMO like WoW, their environments should be diverse and sometimes very alien looking.  

For example, one world may look like this, which is a lot similar to what they are showing now:

elwynn_forest_by_misteru-d3arkar.jpg

To a desert world like this:

durotar_05.jpg

Or something completely alien like this: 

4660300278_23dd7194ea_b.jpg

Could this be a possibility for Crowfall world diversity?  thoughts?

World of Warcraft......everyone control themselves ;)

Maybe it could end up like that some day, with that much variety. I think the variety that we do get however will be where it's located in the same generated world as opposed to a unique desert world one campaign vrs next time it's a unique forest world.

Edited by oberon

Different biomes are not planned for launch- everything will be the central European medieval esthetic that we've seen in their concept art all along. They want to add more biomes post launch, but it's a bigger job than it looks because they need to do everything 4 times for the 4 different seasons.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

World of Warcraft......everyone control themselves ;)

Maybe it could end up like that some day, with that much variety. I think the variety that we do get however will be where it's located in the same generated world as opposed to a unique desert world one campaign vrs next time it's a unique forest world.

I agree, and maybe it could end up like in Everquest Next Landmark where one part of the world is forest, and one part is mountains, and one part is desert. 

Different biomes are not planned for launch- everything will be the central European medieval esthetic that we've seen in their concept art all along. They want to add more biomes post launch, but it's a bigger job than it looks because they need to do everything 4 times for the 4 different seasons.

I understand that.  I would not demand that on them at this point anyway, and I trust them to have this kind of creativity with world design.  

I hope, almost more than anything other than combat, that they can make a world that feels like a world to live in, for at least a few months heh.

looking at the footage showing the castle and village surrounded by the huge waterfalls and mountains, i think they can achieve that! plus the various seasons adding snow for example, which can add to the immersion :)

We are now recruiting! Read more here!

o8WHnLc.png

It would be awesome to have lakes freeze over, and for movement over the ice to cause characters to literally slip and fall if movement is too dramatic.

Not so sure about the slipping but having the lakes freeze over in the winter would be a heluva feature.  I imagine it would drastically change the metagame inside that gameworld by opening new paths of attack.  Perhaps they could also block off mountain passes as well to close other paths.