Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nokx

Currency

Hey, I am not sure if this was asked or mentioned, as I did not see anything to do with this, please correct me if I am wrong and moderators please remove/close this thread if necessary.

Would there be a base currency like gems or gold or tokens etc?

If not then what would be base trading material? (Maybe steel, gold etc?)

If you guys don't select, would players have the choice to deem one resource more worthy and great a base value for the resource?

Yeah, players will likely come up with this themselves, meaning the economy will naturally decide values of things based on rarity. Someone will probably eventually create a rarity-comparison chart with resources to create some universal system.

Chickens is the correct answer.

Actually there is a default currency which can be crafted from precious metal ores, but I intend to trade only in chickens.

https://crowfall.com/#/news/coin-of-the-realm

Edited by Jihan

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I think they made a really good decision to make precious metals the "normal" medium of exchange. I am all for trading of items, but in the longrun a pure barter system will make it really hard to trade on a larger scale.

Just coz precious metals are seen as the "normal" medium of exchange does'nt mean it should or will be the only one. I am thinking that as a crafter I for one will at the start probably work more on a resource barter system. You want a sword? Well, it costs me 3 metal, 1 wood, 1 leather to make. I will charge you 5 metal, 2 wood, 2 leather to make one for you.

-: Crows before Hoes, Bros :-

I think spoils of war could be considered a currency as well.

For example: two groups skermish and one group wins. The winning group  could end up with gear that they don't need or can't use. That gear might be salvageable by a crafter that then can be turned into new items. Hidden value.

The crafter could then say, "if you want me to make you a weapon bring me scraps" so to speak.

SR8DSig_Surgemaster.png

"I don't know what I don't know" -Me

There is no base monetary unit (i.e. a bronze sword is worth 5 silver and 20 copper), but you can mint coins from precious metals. These coins can be spent in the store for items, but for buying and trading with players, no value is set.

Edited by ZaphodBeeblebrox