Raizex

Raizex, a Random Gamer Person, says Hi

Hi y'all. My name's Raizex. I've been lurking the forums for a couple months now, and I figure I should introduce myself.

I have played Video Games nearly my entire life, and I've been playing PC games for quite a while, ever since Runescape and SWG (only after FTL, unfortunately). I've played many different games since then, below is just a sample. (For those of you who don't like to read, here is a link to my steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198018702176/games/?tab=all)

- MMO's: Runescape, SWG, WoW, GW, GW2, Aion, Archeage, Vindictus, and lately Darkfall: Unholy Wars and TERA.

- Shooter's: CoD (MW2, BO, MW3), Battlefield (2142, Bad Company 2, BF3, BF4), Blacklight: Retribution, Ghost Recon Phantoms, and lately Planetside 2, Warframe, and Dirty Bomb.

- Strategy: Starcraft II, Toatal War: Shogun 2, Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War 2, and lately Endless Legend.

- Others: Reign of Kings, Path of Exile, Shadowrun Returns, Hearthstone, Might and Magic: Duel of Champions, and lately Divinity: Original Sin and Yomi.

I'm also a big fan of fighting games (mostly on console, as they are), including Super Smash Brothers (melee and project M), Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Persona 4 Arena ,and Skullgirls.

The reason I'm excited for Crowfall is that it looks to be taking queues from TERA's combat system (which I believe has one of the best MMO combat systems to date, but is otherwise incredibly grindy and seemingly lacking in purpose), and combining it with meaningful, political, objective-based, large scale PvP combat that reminds my of some of my favorite games, including Planetside 2, Darkfall: Unholy Wars, and Reign of Kings (I unfortunately missed out on the chance to play Shadowbane, as it was before my time).

Other things I look forward to in Crowfall include:

- the diverse class design

- the in-depth character customization

- applications of the physics engine

- learning and developing effective strategy and tactics for a diverse set of combat scenarios

- Making friends

- Making enemies

- Forging alliances

- Defeating enemies

- Gathering intelligence

- Capturing and defending Keeps and other Points of Interest

- Raiding other people's bases

...and much, much more.

Lastly, I am either looking to join a thoughtful, skillful, and effective guild or to potentially create such a guild myself. If you are a member of such a guild and would like to recruit me, or would be interested in joining such a guild yourself, send me a message or let me know in the comments below.

Edited by Raizex

Welcome to CF Raizex and enjoy the stay! What region/server did you play on when playing Aion?

Thanks!

I will admit that my stay in Aion was a fairly brief one. I was initially very excited to play it when it came out, but was turned off by the extensive grind required to get to max level. As such, I don't remember the server that I played on. I did play on the NA region however, this I do remember.

Welcome to the Crowfall community!

This is probably the best introductionpost I have read so far, keep it up!

Thanks! I tend to spend more time than is strictly necessary to ensure that I am as clear and concise as possible. Most likely a habit that I've picked up from writing computer code.

Edited by Raizex

Welcome!

That is quite the gaming history.  It's also awesome to see someone with such a solid idea of what they're excited about from Crowfall.  

Welcome!

That is quite the gaming history.  It's also awesome to see someone with such a solid idea of what they're excited about from Crowfall.  

Thanks!

It was kind of weird, I was forming an idea in my head of the kind of game that I'd be really interested in playing, and then Crowfall came along and seemed to check almost all of the boxes: Open-world PvP, action combat, player-driven economy, meaningful and long-term objectives and territory-control, player alliances and politics, empire building, the works.

Edited by Raizex