Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Adall

What are you looking forward to most in Crowfall?

Guest George

Character Creation.  Can't wait to carefully weigh out the boons and curses with the creation points.  I love the idea of having the choice between creating a highly specialized character and a balanced  "jack of all trades" type.

Some Ideas:

Highly mobile and physically strong character with weak magic resistance/damage and not a lot of armor.

Highly intelligent (magic damage/resistance) character with little armor and no strength.

Heavily armored and spirited character with slow movement and little dexterity.

The possibilities are endless!

Guest Gyoin

Y'know, the combat is definitely a pushing point, but the voxel environment mixed with seasonal transitions of story just shows that this game isn't going just for the box buy, but going for the long term. That is something that is really missing from games nowadays. Crowfall is being built on the idea of Substance, not for cheap thrills. 

Plus, I'm really excited for my social gaming community to actually have something to play together again. It's been too long :( 

Y'know, the combat is definitely a pushing point, but the voxel environment mixed with seasonal transitions of story just shows that this game isn't going just for the box buy, but going for the long term. That is something that is really missing from games nowadays. Crowfall is being built on the idea of Substance, not for cheap thrills. 

Plus, I'm really excited for my social gaming community to actually have something to play together again. It's been too long :(

Whoops! Thought I was logged in -_-''

Guest Leiloni

Definitely looking forward to some good action combat PvP the most. I love open world PvP but what's harder to come by is well done action combat PvP. I can probably count on one hand the amount of games that have really done this well and ACE seems to be going down a great path so far with regards to that, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that turns out.

Guest Leiloni

Sorry I have an account just named "Leiloni" but for some reason it won't let me post here with it. :(

Guest Efften

Destructible terrain? Open PVP? Small group combat?  Sign me up!

Guest DmgInc

Exploration and pvp. Love the idea of running 3s comps and the game looks beautiful!

My hope, quite simply, is in finding a Game again . . . with Gamers. 

Who actually like Gaming . . . instead of a focus on trying to "game the system".

Not another farmvilling treadmill where everyone's attention isn't really on meeting challenges in the world together, or even against each other, but to first break it down into "Farmville" routines first.

I'm hoping for a lot of "living world variety" that causes players to actually have to play, as opposed to static routine models.  Variety, change, randomness.

I'm hoping for satisfying combat and PvP diversity.  In that I share Thundercat's experience in Guild Wars 1, where the P)layer was maintained as the principal actor in PvP.  I'm greatly looking forward to seeing how the objectives hash out in the CWs with other players running about.

I'm hoping for satisfying PvE Teamwork . . . where scenarios actually require teamwork or the "group" gets crushed.  In other words:  There is a difference between an indiscriminate Mob of people and a Team, a difference between a forward facing zerg-ball of button mashers and actually having to engage tactics and strategy (e.g. selective / repeating CC of selected mobs, or off-tanking of selected mobs, specific assignments for combat roles, etc.).  Players will be the preeminent opponent on the maps most likely . . . but truly deadly / challenging mobs that PUSH players would be welcome.

Exploration and DISCOVERY.  This aspect of the human psyche is so neglected in MMOs.  I don't have a clear picture if Crowfall will satisfy this yearning, but I hold out hope.

And . . . Stories.

I was an early reader as a kid.  Devoured books like they were candy.  In the end this has translated to my finding stories in my travels in Games.  Almost anything can trigger it, even an almost inconsequential event in a game.  When it happens the brain bubbles just won't stop, and one or more stories or characters are born.  All the way back in Asheron's Call 2 I was writing stories under the character "Tombo".

Just the way my head is wired I guess, and a personal pleasure.

EDIT:  Forgot one:  Looking forward to exploring how the EKs work and how I can customize mine.  The Rest Stop in-between, sort of.

Edited by Bramble

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin

I'm looking forward to just having a good game to come home to and relax on with some friends in hopefully a nice guild. Of course the pvp is what drew me in I was never into PvE on other mmo games. So hopefully the combat works great looking forward to testing it in the alpha. The archetypes are also very unique and fun looking.