Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deioth

With alpha combat finally upon us, do we have a definitive plan in place for all archs yet?

I'm really jonesing for info on the rest of the archetypes.  I just want to know what kind of direction they really plan on going.  We'll obviously learn a lot about how their plans will unfold as we encounter the alpha combat test (you alpha backers better stream for us!) so this should theoretically mean they'll have a much stronger idea of just how and where they intend to take all the other archetypes as some are most certainly more fleshed out than others as we come to a definitive close on the game's design of core mechanics.

I imagine that by the start of beta we'll have access to every archetype.  I'd just love to start seeing their base skill sets so we can get a real feel of what they should be like.  I, for one, am holding out hope that the Myrmidon will feel a lot like my vanilla WoW Arms/Fury warrior mixed with the Tera berserker.  If I can wade in with a massive mace and just smash people silly, I will be a very, very happy minotaur, but I want to make sure I'm not getting my hopes up here.

Can we get some loving to the archetype page soon?

The devs have been pretty clear that the current 6 powers per archetype were chosen to test a wide spread of different mechanics rather than representing any kind of final design intentions. So I don't think it's safe to make any kind of generalizations from anything we see at this stage of testing beyond "this is how these kinds of abilities work in general" and "this is how basic roles tend to interact with each other".

I suspect that locking down any details of specific archetype ability repertoires- even for the three initial classes- is in the same holding pattern as graphics textures for the greybox environment. Until they're comfortable that they have the basics right, it doesn't make sense to start adding chrome and tassels.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

From what I've seen so far, doesn't look like they are reinventing the wheel. Doubt a giant bull-man is going to be specializing in finesse and tickling their opponents.

With the limited action bar and what not, not sure there will be a great deal of variation between one melee/tanky type to another beyond secondary buffs/cc and what not, but seems pretty straight forward overall.

Personally more interested in the features that take place around combat and give it purpose beyond mindless killing. Tough balancing act, but hope we have news on more features beyond combat and EK layouts in the near future.

From what I've seen so far, doesn't look like they are reinventing the wheel. Doubt a giant bull-man is going to be specializing in finesse and tickling their opponents.

True enough, but I'd just love to see more information as they are certainly more readily capable of hammering out a core base for each class by now.  Not all of them are very clear on how they can branch or how they'll be different from one archetype to another of comparable "kits"

They've had a core base for each class since before the kickstarter. They're not sharing that info until initial testing confirms their design plans.

We'll get the info when it's ready.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully