Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mcmanybucks

Flippin socks over here.

So, first off, im not even gonna play as knight in the end, melee doesnt interest me..but what im bugged by is this;

They gave the knight a shield & a 2 handed sword

They also attached that sword, which probably weighs 10 pounds, to a small leather strap attached to a belt..and its hanging by his knee..

6oiok8u.png

Just wanted to get this out of my system.

zr4aXCc.png

well a two-handed sword is perfectly usable with a shield since shields were mostly disposable and having the option of more power was a plus.  However RIDICULOUSLY LARGE SHOULDER PLATES.  The sword is way to freaking broad and looks like a meat cleaver not a weapon. Also bad stance.  OHHH WELLL GAME LOGIC.

Shout out to OBSIDIAN!!

Silhouette control is more important than emulating reality. If having a big ass sword makes it easier to tell that he has a big ass sword from a distance, then a big ass sword he should have. Same with the shoulder plates. You need to be able to tell the difference between armour sets from a good distance, and the easiest way to do that is to exaggerate everything. 

2G8o9A7.gif

The Otter King of Pax Maelstrom

Big weapons are always more fun. I hated when Blizzard starting making all the weapons really small. I miss seeing the Gnome Warrior with the Grand Marshall Claymore before it was scaled for each specific race.

Also the characters we're playing in this game are immortal champions of the gods. 

Edited by Zybak

Crowfalls swords are indeed much larger and are positioned lower than in real life, I agree.

6oiok8u.png

1c7222aefb55f7d7c85007a7390ec4ba.jpg

In this case, however, the way the game is stylized, I have no issues with exaggeration of certain features that improve the character's silhouette and also avoids clipping. I just applaud the fact that they didn't do what 99.99% of games do and stick the sword on the player's back with a hidden magnet.

Edited by arawulf

I'll have to agree with Arawulf here.

Its refreshing to finally see a game not putting the sword on our backs, and I think it looks pretty cool.

Even though that's exactly what they did with the Legionnaire's Lance/Pole Arm.   B)

It is actually not that large. It seems slightly longer then the size of a longsword (around 110cm blade, 25cm hilt), which is mostly used as a two handed sword but can be wielded one-handed (though it is a gripe to swing around that way. Believe me, I tried. But then again, I'm no trained fencer either).

The blade looks a bit broader and thicker then it would be in real life (at least from the videos I watched), but I'd file that under rule of cool and I'm perfectly fine with it.

At least it is not the lenght of a Zweihänder or polish estoc or something JRPGs and anime come up with.

And I agree with the others, I really dig the sheath.

Edited by DFDelta

Constant optimism will not solve your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to be worth the effort.