Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

Invites coming out for first wave of Alpha 1 testers

I would have believed that, but after their Pre-alpha press release we saw no significant improvement on forum activity.

This "forum will get better with more gameplay shown" is proven to be false.

The gameplay shown is very rudimentary combat system with very short burst testing... As the game becomes more and more developed people start paying more attention to it... that's common in development. 

More content = more stuff to talk about...

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

what signal?

Forum is barely up and running with around 150 posts per day, and thats with 25,000 forum members.

:rolleyes:  Get a new line, been saying the same thing for Months, the forums are fine, plenty of discussion you'd see if took the time to engage instead of mod baiting and gloom and dooming.

They have a model that rewards people who invest more... while also finding ways to reward people who got on board earliest... kind of a thank you to the customer for believing in their vision.  The system also ultimately rewards people that pledged the most the earliest. 

This statement holds true with a lot of possible variations.

If high end backers only got a more colorful forum badge, it would sitll be true.

Noone here is saying they should go back on their word and not reward earlier backers.

I'm saying they should prioritize money on time sensitive rewards and then within those brackets reward the earlier backers.

They'd still be doing the exact same thing they promised with the potential to earn more money. Everyone should know that early/alpha/beta access is a huge factor for what pledge level people chose.

ACE is not building itself to be the company that only values your wallet, they are trying to create a truly memorable gaming experience.  If they just wanted money there are plenty of things they could do... but they understand long term being a cold heartless business isn't going to give them the best chance at a successful game. 

We're looking at a buy2play game WITH voluntary monthly subscription AND a cash shop.

Be realistic for a second, will ya...

They're using all emans possible to generate money and I'm not faulting them for it, but please don't act like they're some kinda saints that only do this out of kindness in their hearts.

More money is always better. Especially when they can earn that money by doing something they previously promised in a slightly altered way.

Edited by freeze

More content = more stuff to talk about...

ye, we saw that with the pre-alpha.

19 streamers, vods and YT vids everywhere showing the footage.

Still the same 20 people talking in the forums as 5 months ago.

That is an excuse they have been using for months to silence the more active playerbase.

In 1 week, an unofficial slack channel sends around 10,000 messages, thats 1400 messages per day. The official Crowfall forums has 200 posts a day on a good day.

Edited by zinnie

ye, we saw that with the pre-alpha.

19 streamers, vods and YT vids everywhere showing the footage.

Still the same 20 people talking in the forums as 5 months ago.

That is an excuse they have been using for months to silence the more active playerbase.

In 1 week, an unofficial slack channel sends around 10,000 messages, thats 1400 messages per day. The official Crowfall forums has 200 posts a day on a good day.

Really?  I see a lot of newer posters... or older posters that are more interested now that there is more to show and the game is moving along. 

Also slack is a real time chat... it's bound to have a lot more messages... I mean the IRC gets around 30,000 messages a week....

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Really?  I see a lot of newer posters... or older posters that are more interested now that there is more to show and the game is moving along. 

You can stay ignorant and fanboy all you want, but this forum is dead at its current state.

Hell, this one thread is probably going to be the most active discussion we have had for days.

Edited by zinnie

All the old posters have given up trying to fight the hugs and giggles committee. The attempts by ACE to shield 1/3 of it's membership from the other 2/3 have caused the formation of 3 splinter communities. All the activity that should be here is now there. All of the buzz, all the feedback. ACE realizes this and has an official presence there. This is just a place for newbees to land when they find the game. It's populated with white knights, wizkids, and a few of us that conform in order to stay close to the source. This is like the EK of forums and accordingly are just about as fun and populated as I imagine the real EK's.

Edited by KRIPTIK

KRIPTIKserratedv3_zps4ptlmh6o.gif

I would agree, there will be a lot more of us around now.  I have been around since day one but never posted anything.  Now that I can actually pitch in and start to play, you will see me around quite often.

Kloke

Shadowbane / Server: War / Guild: DHL / Thief: Yin / Scout: Plexiglassdragon

pre-alpha testing group was too small to even need staggered access. So it's irrelevant in that regard.

But A1 is from $425 up to $2500.

Priority should be pledge tier and then backer number, and not only backer number.

This should be common sense and I absolutely do not understand how anyone can even defend going purely by backer number, except for the fact, that this person might profit from this way of handling things!

Bwahahaha, this cracked me up. Now, really, did we ever have had the same opinion? Well, i think i dimly remember a situation somewhen in march or april ... but i am not sure about this. ;)

Initially i thought the access would be graded by pledge-included test level, then pledge level, then ks/15. Pre-Alpha over Alpha 1. Emerald over Ruby. KS sapphire over 2015 sapphire.

The fact hat i agree with you (that this would be common sense) and the fact that noone else seems to share this opinion, seems to lead to the conclusion: Andere Länder, andere Sitten! xD

I was less then not happy with the actual arrangement. I expected to already be in the tests and to make videos and and and. I am not. ~shrug~

My final thought was: Well, it is a nice thing that lower pledge levels will have a good chance to be in the tests. This will enthral more people from the medium pledge levels. Thats good. Those with the higher pledges are already bound, hum?

And: It is much easier for ACE. Categorizing more complicated will need more time. Saving this time is good for the game.

I was so in comfort in the end. End now you show me that this is just a Andere Länder thing. Dang you! ;)

I think it's more along the lines that most people responding either have low pledge numbers or are VN.

Let's see how it'll turn out when thousands of gold A2 get in while hundreds of Ambers have to wait.

Maybe then the whole thing will gain more traction.

And I've yet to believe that this way of handling the rewards will change with name/guild reservation.

Let's see if ACE does anything, when Mr Bloodstone pledge number 15000 complains that bronze pledge number 15 stole his/her name. :rolleyes:

Why should i complain? Who would ever like to carry my name? Oh come on now!

Forgot to mention this: I see another problem. I guess (but i may be wrong) that the pledge distribution is nearly the same in different countries. Only that (again a guess) most pledgers from different countries may have pledged later than those from the cor country (u.s.).

Combined that would mean: if testing access is only graded by the KS numbers, the additional hype in other countries will set in much later - and because they have to wait, it might cause disappointment and lessen the interest for crowfall. The hype just went over before something interesting happened. Well, we can't change it anymore. ~shrug~

Edited by Kraahk

I think it's more along the lines that most people responding either have low pledge numbers or are VN.

Let's see how it'll turn out when thousands of gold A2 get in while hundreds of Ambers have to wait.

Maybe then the whole thing will gain more traction.

And I've yet to believe that this way of handling the rewards will change with name/guild reservation.

Let's see if ACE does anything, when Mr Bloodstone pledge number 15000 complains that bronze pledge number 15 stole his/her name. :rolleyes:

Think you're quite confused. All Alpha 1s will get in before any Alpha 2s. Thats been stated by the devs. Then going forward once you're in you're in for the rest of testing.

Think you're quite confused. All Alpha 1s will get in before any Alpha 2s. Thats been stated by the devs. Then going forward once you're in you're in for the rest of testing.

did I say anything different?

don't troll pls

Thats not what he is arguing tho, you probably have to read his posts again.

He is saying that ACE has no distinction between pledge tiers.

A Bronze player will get his name reservation before a Bloodstone if he has pledged earlier.

We understood that. We just thought the pledge levels itself would be counted, too. And not just the general testing levels a person had reached.

Well for the name thing yeah pledge order should matter should be first come first serve regardless of tier IMO. Its when you acquired the perk that should matter not how much you paid for the overall package. Thats the same as how testing invites are going, per tier you get in based on pledge number.

Edited by pang

In my eyes the problem is not the arrangement itself. It's more about how peoples in different countries might (or surely) think different and how this might cause misintepretions. This is no problem that ACE can solve and they have to stick with there core country. At least this is how i understand it.

We (i hope i can speak for freeze too - same country (sorry mate)) typically think: the more you pay, the more you get. That's "normal" for us.

Some people would say "Yes, well, you get what you pay for. " And i completely understand this and would say: Yes ok. But then again, what is with those people who bought a package while the package discrepancies existed? Will they get the 236+ month VIP they bought? I can't imagine this happening. And then "What you (thought you) buy is what you get" is not really true.

Not dividing into "Who pays more, gets more" might causes other problems. Like with the charakter name reservation (just as freeze said) and other things that will be part of different packages.

I don't say that this is bad or wrong. I just say that this is an issue and that it would be better to clarify this, specifically regarding pledgers from other countries who might have a basically different thinking. Just to finally get all together and unified and minimize the disturbances and so maximize the hype for the game.