Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Abigyil

Include Hunger Dome in the final game

Needs to happen. Seriously.

Arena pvp with permadeath, scavenging for gear and an ever shrinking map? I think they could sell the game with that alone. They'd be crazy not to include it in the final game somehow.

I personally think they shouldn't.

Crowfall is an MMO and we should start treating it like one. not like another MOBA, another random ass survivial game or whatever.

We're looking for meaningful combat with consequences and not the next best thing we're gonna be bored of, after the 20th round of the same old poorly made socks.

I appreciate that they made the effort to give the testers something, instead of just dropping them into an empty world with no purpose. But no thank you, for release.

If they have official arena game modes they will be a huge distraction from the CWs.... The best pvpers always drift towards arena play if you let them...  I'd rather this game focus on getting back to the original mmorpg experience of pvping in the open world...  Plenty of arena games out there...

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Crowfall already caters to a wide spectrum of pvp'er with the cw rulesets, including this would let them at the arena pvp fans to that list. That can only be a good thing. More people, more money. More money, less chance they'll run out of said money and shut the game down.

I mean they're already building the tech, there's really no reason not to polish it up and ship it.

Crowfall already caters to a wide spectrum of pvp'er with the cw rulesets, including this would let them at the arena pvp fans to that list. That can only be a good thing. More people, more money. More money, less chance they'll run out of said money and shut the game down.

I mean they're already building the tech, there's really no reason not to polish it up and ship it.

It caters to a wide spectrum of open world pvpers...

If you add arena it will suck up all the best players and make it the main focus of pvpers...

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I think it'd be fun if they did a "EK gamemode thing" that allows EK owners to set up a set number of pvp type games, one being Hunger Dome. Just to give EKs a little more use. Trove (a game very different but similar premise to the EKs) with their "club worlds" are pretty fun, and you like to decorate them and you and your guild have a fun time building it up. But the thing we really wish it had was PvP, which is why I think straight up "friendly fire" on an EK wouldn't cut it. I'm thinking we need official looking tournies and stuff. Sure it'd be hard making new stuff, but we do already have the Hunger Dome...

Edited by Nicholas LionRider

@Up

Of course. Just not in Ek's.

Ek purpose cannot contain PVP at all. Since it will be distraction from PVP should be happening in CW's.

If someone wants short term pvp > make a quick rule 1 day Cw's, that you need to pay to patricpate and only get anything at high places in ranking.

Funny. I don't remember scenarios in WAR "sucking up all the best players" and becoming the main focus.

I think you guys fears are completely unfounded. meh, whatever.

Honestly WAR isn't exactly a good example to prove your point. That game turned into just another grind fest where the PvP points were king, did scenarios for points and open PvP was just flipping keeps for points.

But yeah as others said that arena type instant gratification gameplay isn't really the design of this game. Adding this would be the same as adding PvE raiding content to the EKs, IMO.

It's been alluded to that usually you won't go straight from one campaign into the next. Are we all supposed to sit around and build play-forts in our Eternal Kingdoms the whole time we wait?

This is a GREAT suggestion.

When a CW ends thats roughly 2000+ players, depending on CW caps, that will need a new CW. Which as stated new ones will come up as needed, so doubtful we'll have to wait very long at all.

I don't really think that hunger dome setup really has a place in Crowfall once they have everything fleshed out. This is meant to be an open world mass pvp game, which is nearly the exact opposite of the hunger dome setup, which was made to simply give people a game to test out the prototype they have built.

If they had hunger domes in release Crowfall, it'd just feel shoehorned in and would detract from the game.

Do not wish it is easier, wish you were better.

A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.

When a CW ends thats roughly 2000+ players, depending on CW caps, that will need a new CW. Which as stated new ones will come up as needed, so doubtful we'll have to wait very long at all.

Excellent. So we will be going back into each campaign against the exact same players that were in our last campaign and 100% of us will be satisfied with the ruleset and settings of the next campaign that opens.

Sounds great.

I realize this a real stretch, but supposing you are wrong and people wait around 1-3 days to get some new opponents on a ruleset they are interested in playing do you think it would be worthwhile having something like this we can use to fill the downtime?

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

Needs to happen. Seriously.

Arena pvp with permadeath, scavenging for gear and an ever shrinking map? I think they could sell the game with that alone. They'd be crazy not to include it in the final game somehow.

I don't think they should include it in the final release but maybe a playable demo-server version type thing to entice the general public into backing. Like the crack dealer giving you a taste for free.

KRIPTIKserratedv3_zps4ptlmh6o.gif

I think it'd be fun if they did a "EK gamemode thing" that allows EK owners to set up a set number of pvp type games, one being Hunger Dome. Just to give EKs a little more use. Trove (a game very different but similar premise to the EKs) with their "club worlds" are pretty fun, and you like to decorate them and you and your guild have a fun time building it up. But the thing we really wish it had was PvP, which is why I think straight up "friendly fire" on an EK wouldn't cut it. I'm thinking we need official looking tournies and stuff. Sure it'd be hard making new stuff, but we do already have the Hunger Dome...

The EK's are not "missing" PvP.  If players want to set up PvP in their kingdoms they already can. 

I don't think we need hand holding in the EK's any more than we need hand holding in the CW's.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

Excellent. So we will be going back into each campaign against the exact same players that were in our last campaign and 100% of us will be satisfied with the ruleset and settings of the next campaign that opens.

Sounds great.

I realize this a real stretch, but supposing you are wrong and people wait around 1-3 days to get some new opponents on a ruleset they are interested in playing do you think it would be worthwhile having something like this we can use to fill the downtime?

If we have to wait 1-3 days to find a new CW then something went wrong with ACEs design (and/or the population is so low it won't matter anyways). New ones will come up, as well as ones thats just started that can be joined.

If we have to wait 1-3 days to find a new CW then something went wrong with ACEs design (and/or the population is so low it won't matter anyways). New ones will come up, as well as ones thats just started that can be joined.

I don't think that will suggest anything is wrong at all.

If you have 1000 player campaign, each campaign lasts exactally a month, and they are spaced exactally a day part then there will be 1 new campaign opening a day per 31k active players. Given 1 month is supposed to be on the short end for a campaign, it would take 1000 VERY ACTIVE players to make a campaign world feel full, there aren't 30k people currently online in EVE, and many people will almost certainly want some downtime between campaigns to use their spoils to build in their EK...

You might as well sell your account now if you can't handle a little downtime between campaigns.

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

Lots of what ifs and wild speculation there. Not all CWs will last the exact same time. Seems like you're just moving the goalposts to fit your point now. Would recommend re-reading the FAQs and info we have to get better informed on how CWs will work.