Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Make or break for me (sorta)

Sommazzatore

The pure support class is usually what I like to play in mmos mainly, and if they don't have a strong dynamic in fights and get phased out, I usually end up dropping the game pretty quick. I'm hoping they make this class viable (which I have no reason to doubt they will). When I picture a Druid support I picture a back of the line support, relatively squishy but with enough dodge/stun break to have a decent survivability.

The main problem I see with a pure support class that also isn't a dedicated healer is that you usally have a hard time seeing the impact you have in a fight. I'm wondering what the abilities and Promotion classes are that they will incorporate into this Archtype. Honestly, if they go with a shape-shifting focus, I'll be thoroughly disappointed. I'm hoping for damage shields, damage buffs, heals (I know not to hope for too many of those), and stun breaks.

What are you guys thinking?

Elder Scrolls Online - Templar/Nightblade Mains      Guild Wars 2 - Necromancer/Thief Mains    http://www.twitch.tv/sommazzatore

I enjoy playing support too. I think it is too early in development to say much yet, but I did notice a difference when I had a legionnaire in my group. The healing is noticeable, especially when playing against a team that has a legionnaire and you don't. I would think the other support archetype (druid) and maybe some promotion classes will have similar noticeable effects on group combat.

I know this is not exactly related, but the creators have been pretty open with their disdain for full healing classes and everything they have shown so far are hybrid support/dps classes.

I don't know if I'd hold out hope for a full support class like a bard or such. Archetypes are probably all going to have some sort of dps tinge to it (similar to how diablo handles classes if you ask me).

Do not wish it is easier, wish you were better.

A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.

I didn't realize legionnaires had that much of a healing side to them. That's pretty cool. With that information in mind I'll probably be waiting to decide on which Archetype to play once I get my hands on most of them and see which is the most support oriented. Yea, Guild Wars does the same style too, but they did it very successfully and I enjoy that MMO more than any other, so we'll see. I do know that they don't like the idea of a full healer and I'm okay with that.

Elder Scrolls Online - Templar/Nightblade Mains      Guild Wars 2 - Necromancer/Thief Mains    http://www.twitch.tv/sommazzatore

• 1 month later...

Druids for the most part in the MMO's i have played have a wide range of ablilitys and skills which makes them have good utility for different situations. From what i have read so far they are taking the same sort of "Hybrid" approach, so we wont have to just focus on healing which should make class more viable.

GO Team Druid!

rHgc3wp2z68Em7vq3iiHEyRCs3o.gif

• 1 year later...

The main problem I see with a pure support class that also isn't a dedicated healer is that you usually have a hard time seeing the impact you have in a fight. 

What are you guys thinking?

Being mindful of team impact is great - but I would not worry too much about this.  Combat logs and the number cruncher's will soon show the actual ROI of Heal/Buff/Debuff+Dmg - in skilled hands - total utility usually adds the most ROI IMO.  My son is 13 now and has rocked support toons since 11 in NWO.

He is now playing the druid and loving it. 

Edit:  Sticking by the Utility ROI Concept but my Son says he wants to try "The Horse Guy"........ not really liking the essence management part of Druid - I am going to give a try a bit later, I always loved Druids lore wise.

Edited by Lil_Mayhem