nenju

Floating combat text

would be nice to have the option to turn off / hide the floating combat text in general or just specific things like:

• dmg dealt
  • dmg received
  • mana / health gained
  • combo chains

i personaly dont like all this floating text stuff, i like a clean screen

your thoughts?

Would be nice to have options. I don't share your view on the floating combat text, but what do you have in mind? The old-fashioned combat text chat window?

could have that, but now that i think about it... i never look in that. its just that im not that guy who cares for high crit numbers etc.

but ofc if there is like a different textstyle if u hit a shield/absorb effect target then i would use it, unless u can see that he has a shield or some sort.

One thing that I hope, and I don't know how possible this will be, is the ability to change fonts within the client. In WoW if you dropped a "Fonts" folder in your WoW directory with fonts of your choice renamed to the ingame fonts, the game would actually read those fonts as the correct ones, and load them. It was fantastic, no addons required, and you could load pretty much whatever font you wanted. So if you didn't like one of the default fonts, you could simply change it.

pvw15737.jpg

Edited by Jon

Why can't we have both? A combat log and options for floating text. I've watched over 3 hours of Crowfall gameplay now and I have't really been annoyed by the numbers, but an option would be nice so you could control if they're visible and maybe the size of the text.

Edited by zero2none