Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Amazing job so far... But combat = le sigh

The same fight in GW2 would go very differently. It would just be two Ele's strafing around each other, trying to evade as many attacks as they could, healing/Regen buff/Protection/Shields/etc. to heal/mitigate any other damage, spamming all their CC's while trying to throw out as much damage as they can and spamming your cleanse/mist form/teleport/whatever else whenever you get debuffs or CC's, because there's no reason to save them. More simple, less strategy involved, more spamming and running in circles, and actually faster fights typically too.

Found similar matches in Guildwars 2. Notice how much more action orientated the combat is without animation lock?

While it does have some tab targeting, the game is a hybrid in that half the abilities are AoE and require actually aiming in the direction of the player to land. No reason why Crowfall couldn't go for a fully aimed system while allowing free movement on a majority of the skills
Edited by evade2015

7d4g0V5.png

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sorry, but we had this discussion 6 months ago. Telegraphs are for carebears that cant predict attacks and learn moves to know its range/cast-time/cooldown

I personally don't like being able to float around while attacking. I think animation locking is a good thing. As I've said elsewhere, it forces you to commit to your attacks and pay for your mistakes

You know what I mean when I say telegraph, you don't have to act stupid. I was talking about the traditional WS, Tera, GW2, FFXIV sissy telegraphs with flashy colors on the ground that made those gam

Found similar matches in Guildwars 2. Notice how much more action orientated the combat is without animation lock?

While it does have some tab targeting, the game is a hybrid in that half the abilities are AoE and require actually aiming in the direction of the player to land. No reason why Crowfall couldn't go for a fully aimed system while allowing free movement on a majority of the skills

There's more to action combat than just being able to move a lot. Many players value different types of skill and strategy in addition to having action elements. You seem to be focusing solely on movement and missing the bigger picture.

Edited by Leiloni

There's more to action combat than just being able to move a lot. Many players value different types of skill and strategy in addition to having action elements. You seem to be focusing solely on movement and missing the bigger picture.

True. You could move a lot in WoW but I dare say not many if anyone would ever consider WoW combat action combat.