Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Character creation and hotkeys - Official discussion thread

Sorry guys.. Pre-Alpha Streamers beat you to it! :P

Sooooo.. this char creation menu is a placeholder for the hunger-game or is it already a work-in-progress towards the final product?

If it's a work-in-progress towards the final product... I'm a little curious about HOW you are going to fit more archtypes in the screan.

Lf6MJUL.png

http://www.legend-gaming.net

Pingu - Member

---------------------------"Winter is coming"---------------------------

Sorry guys.. Pre-Alpha Streamers beat you to it! :P

Sooooo.. this char creation menu is a placeholder for the hunger-game or is it already a work-in-progress towards the final product?

If it's a work-in-progress towards the final product... I'm a little curious about HOW you are going to fit more archtypes in the screan.

This is definitely just a small curated version of what we will eventually have. The actual character creation flow will encompass many screens where you can choose your archetype, set meaningful cosmetic options and most importantly add runes to push and pull your starting stats and skills. Im a big fan of EVE online's new character flow if you want a mental picture of where I want to take it :)

Billy Garretsen - UX Design Lead, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

[Personal Portfolio]

Here are some of the first layouts we put out around our original announcement if that helps...

Crowfall_CharacterCreate_preview.jpg

Crowfall_CharacterCreate_runes.jpg

Oh SNAP! Now I remember.. I had indeed seen these before.. but memory failed me... 

So we'll probably end up with a 4 screen character creation flow ha?

1-Pick an Achetype

2-Pick Stats

3-Pick Looks + Name 

4-Pick-a-chu?

Lf6MJUL.png

http://www.legend-gaming.net

Pingu - Member

---------------------------"Winter is coming"---------------------------

I love the character creation ,everything is easy to find & " to the point".

There even are some nice extra's like the equipement and archetype demo.

Seeing the Equipment demo & knowing that other players can loot our corpses,

I wonder if there is any way to save(or convert) armor to your prefered style?

Because if your gear is constantly stolen it is hard to shape your character as desired,in a way that it defines yourself.

Curious to see how character progression will turn out in this area.

Maybe i've been spoiled with visual customization options in elderscrolls online.

& I know character creation itself will be less robust ,with less face sliders and all that & that is ok.

but with equipment style a sense of visual progression could be achieved too.

For the character menu,

Each player might tell you something different when asked what is most important when it comes to character.

Some are all over statistics,others rather see their character shape up over time,

or rather like to see their achievements through trophies,... you name it.

Maybe character menu could have different styles that reflects what a player finds important.

A birthday gift based on character style/character shaping up according to this selection might be taking it too far?

I also like this one ;

Crowfall_CharacterCreate_runes.jpgwhat are the round buttons in the lower-right corner?are those sub menu's?

Otherwise something similar could be used for switching between character menu styles.

You could have like some kind of fashion chamber,Sanctuary to the gods/hero's birthsign & the archetype's thematic chamber

faction/archetypes

Edited by Tipsy