Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
findywen

Launch Date?

so how soon are you launching?

LOL, yeah you knew someone was going to ask, at least i wasn't seriously expecting an answer.

This is all about speculation at this point anyway right?  So, Without seeing anything other than some nice web page graphics at this point.  I will put a vote in for Late Spring 2017.  Obviously if you have an entire system already built and are only looking for our input for balance than  that is way to long.  But if you are honestly building systems and tweaking them as the community here gives feedback then 2017 might be a little too ambitious on my part.

That said, the date doesn't matter.  Finish the product to a retail release ready state.  I am seriously tired of pre-release half finished games, and soft launches (open betas) that go on for ever, with no wipe afterword.  And really finish the game, I played Shadowbane when it launched, and dropped it like a rock after way to many sb.exe errors, and a system that couldn't handle the multitude of players we had attacking/defending a building.

2017 is way to soon if they only have a website and they don't even have a shell of a game up. Going with what I know I would say the game will release five years from now. Maybe four if they are pushing it. But they need to stress servers with mass invites 6 months prior to launch. So i go back to five years i think. Even five years from now is too soon.

I'm assuming the core design of the game is already decided. While I don't think the process is even close to being finished, I wouldn't think we'd receive beta invites for a game that hasn't even begun coding, or brainstorming. My guess is maybe late 2016? I couldn't imagine we'd be invited 5 years before the launch of the game.

Read some of the interviews where Shadowbane developers think they created way too much hype way too soon about Shadowbane. They acknowledge that hype can be created too early. They're even telling us right now that all you get is a forums. For a reason. No one wants to play vaporware or wait forever like Darkfall.