Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Streamer Week is coming!

In the near future, we will be inviting a small group of streamers to participate in a limited number of the Crowfall pre-alpha combat test sessions. Here’s what interested streamers need to know to claim one of these coveted golden tickets.

Qualified participants will:

• Be at least 18 years of age
  • Have a registered Crowfall.com account in good standing

Qualified YouTube or Twitch channels will:

• Have a channel that is polished and complete and was created before April 1, 2015
  • Provide top-quality audio and video
  • Not require a subscription fee (donations are okay)
  • Have at least 100 consecutive viewers for live streams or a total of more than 5,000 page views 
  • Have at least 500 followers/subscribers
  • At least 24 past broadcasts/videos available
  • Feature content that falls within the boundaries of the ACE Rules of Conduct and Terms of Use

How to sign up:  

Contact press@artcraftent.com with the subject line “Streamer application: [Channel name]”

Please include the following information: 

• Your Crowfall account username
  • Your name
  • Date of birth
  • Location/time zone
  • Channel name: 
  • URL: 
  • Stream schedule: 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

Those are some steep demands ... that is the way to do it. But people will still complain anyway. Crowfall needs promotion people, streamers can provide that for 'free'. More promotion equals more backers equals more money for ACE.

This is a good thing!  :)

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Those are some steep demands ... that is the way to do it. But people will still complain anyway. Crowfall needs promotion people, streamers can provide that for 'free'. More promotion equals more backers equals more money for ACE.

This is a good thing!  :)

Its also not really a new concept. Like said they need money as a small indie dev team, so promotions like this can only help. Bring more backers and more players to the game, not sure how thats bad.

I agree 100% with the demands. They're looking for streamers that will get the word out. The die hard fans have already invested in the game and are either already in the test or will be soon. This is mostly marketing. My only qualm is that while it's fun, I'd hope to see some things fixed before a greater public sees the game. Latency and other game disturbing bugs mostly. The fans are already watching the streams and youtube videos the current pre-alphas are putting up. We're forgiving of the general wonkiness that goes on. I don't think a general public who knows nothing about the game would be. I'd hate to see one of these invite streamers get in game, get hit with 500 ping, exclaim "This game is crap" and steer their viewers away instead of towards the game.

I have no problem with them trying to get streamers in on it... a popular streamer has so much marketing power in this day and age...

I will say that this game is far too early in development to be advertising in that way IMO and streaming it may do more harm than help.  In the end if they make a good game it isn't going to matter either way, it will eventually grow... but showing people the current hunger dome experience isn't really going to excite gamers imo.... people that it would excite, the super committed fans, are already following....

I think the game won't really be streamworthy til probably beta or late alpha....

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Maybe I'll finally get to play. Sent in my application.

Probably not qualified enough for it though.

Unsure why you would apply for a limited number of pre-alpha combat test sessions when your sapphire badge over there will eventually get you in.   :lol:  But do what you gotta do I guess.

As for the announcement itself, I'm not sure if this is the right time to get the hardcore streamers on the bandwagon.  It could possibly generate some hype, or it might cause people to pick apart the true alpha state of the game.

It seems like there are some competent and dedicated streamers already in testing, why not let them promote Crowfall?

Sorry you turned into a two-bit carebear whose feelings get hurt over forum banter.

Streamers are the "press" of modern gaming, and this is basically an offer of press passes to the game. Press passes to shows and events have been used to drum up business since at least the time of the Civil War. This is a time honored tradition updated in light of modern realities; I don't see anything to complain about here as long as the streamers/journalists they select for passes do a good job.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I don't really talk alot on the forums as I like to sit back and watch and review the whole topic, however this decision I disagree with...

It should be open to everyone's, Some people need a great game to get there channel started, so why not give them a chance?

Edited by Ispep

:: AMBER PATRON :: 

Welp, I do not qualify.  Boo.

I doubt I will either, but I will throw in an app anyways. You never know. It has been a blast to stream thus far. I know I have made some viewers happy! :)

If we are already apart of Alpha 1 testing, will we need to apply for streamer exclusive testing as well? 

No, Elz. This only applies to people who don't have their own accounts. As a backer, you are entitled to stream your little pink pigtails off. ;) 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

I am a novice YouTuber, and I do wanna help promote the game through visual media, but I sadly don't meet all the qualifications. I am in the lower tier beta groups, but I want to do something somehow to promote the game via my channel if were provided something and assistance... :(

xEaNvuV.png