Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Streamer Week is coming!

Maybe I'll finally get to play. Sent in my application.

Probably not qualified enough for it though.

you mean you're not sure, whether they find out that your 90K subscribers aren't real? :rolleyes:

I*ve upgraded my internet speed in october to get top quality CF streams, and hopefully they start with alpha 2 invites next month! 

I don`t think ACE is aware how difficult it is to get viewers on Twitch or hitbox, hehe.

There*re not that many full time job streamers in this world to be honest compare to the total world population.  :D

ok I`ll try get some dayz streamers here - working on it!  ^_^

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

I slept on this post so I knew it was coming from the right place before posting it.

ACE asking streamers to sign up via a form means they get some people who are interested in checking the game out. At least people who meet the criteria and who want to take the time to fill out the form :wub:  Most streamers that have large audiences or industry connections are usually sought out by dev companies, not the other way around. I find it funny that even today I get emails from PR/marketing companies who want me to review/play some game that I'm not even interested in. Not my genre. So there is a flaw with that approach also. The most successful dev companies are the ones who develop relationships with the Twitch/Youtube content creator and work with them previously, together.

While I do hope that my social media tweet and this "streamer" week helps bring in some interest for Crowfall I am concerned that with a few short words from someone who doesn't understand the test, the game direction, or the idea of Crowfall could potentially damage the game. To thousands of viewers/impressions. This sort of PR event is much better suited for much farther down the road. When the game is much more completed and initial impressions can be solidified in stone a bit more. The assumption I am going to make is that ACE is looking to pick up some folks interest and perhaps see a spike in backers, even at a smaller level. 10,000 new Supporter Bundles is still $50k, and if they are lucky it might even be $380k from the same amount of Contributor bundles. 

But I get it. The idea is to get the word of Crowfall spread out there. Initial impressions very often weigh heavily in the gaming consumers mind. So we'll see.

In the end it'll be a barter situation. ACE gives out an 'exclusive' look to media (Twitch/Youtube) for growth and sales and all they trade in return is a media account which gets placed inactive when the PR event is over. If the content creator is genuinely interested in the game you'll see them support with a 2015 Bundle and possibly even pick up a few bundles to giveaway like I did! Win - Win - Triple Win.  :wub:

Dammit wish I could join, but I don't have that many viewers or subscribers :(

My channel is 4 years old >.<

I'm kinda on the same page with you there, but if you are able to promote the game somehow with yer channel (like I am going to), then maybe there can be an exception

xEaNvuV.png

My guess is it's The Hunger Dome, but with textures. 

I can't see ACE taking too big of a gamble on something too new. The Hunger Dome concept has won over many of us. It's a fun battleground that vaguely simulates a CW in a small scope sort of way. But I do agree very much with @realblankspace people are influenced easily. And one streamer caught off-guard could really demolish the hopes of thousands of new members. 

It's definitely got to be something polished though. Greybox trees are cool. But not cool enough to show off to 100k viewers.

OS_Sig3.png

I don't have a lot of viewers or followers, but I've had plenty of requests to stream it when my Alpha 2 status is in for testing.  Thanks for clearing up that you don't have to apply if you already have an account. (=  I've been watching streams & videos here & there. Nice work so far on the game & on the testing everyone! Keep up the good work! 

Seriously...

why is that even seen negative?

It's free PR.

They wont send out 5k keys for whatever kid is thinking "Ima Stdreamer~".

They will send out a hundreth at best.

People from Alpha 1 ... are in Pre-Alpha already? Anyone somethign against that? I find it good, because it helps the development.

And heck, we all know what Pre-Alpha and Alpha 1 is.

It aint an finished game.

So relax, get your puppys into the dry and drink a cocktail while enjoying your favorite streamer having problems with his first game.

IF he made it in.