Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Founders' Update: Great stuff is happening! - Official discussion thread

Im not sure where the love for the collector's edition is coming from.

I am normally the guy that buys collector's editions for most everything, but I do not see the value in this case. Even at the gold membership level, Im getting a big chunk of whats being offered in the CE already. Something like the first 7-8 bullet points Im already getting or am not interested in (dont need a CD when I have a digital download).

150-180 bucks is in now way low end and I dont see anything in that package worth more than 25% of that asking price to people that have already bought a package.

edit> just to clarify, I have no prob dropping 150+ bucks for a CE. But it needs to have 150 bucks worth of usable content for people that bought packages already.

Edited by Toadwart

I am normally the guy that buys collector's editions for most everything, but I do not see the value in this case. Even at the gold membership level, Im getting a big chunk of whats being offered in the CE already. Something like the first 7-8 bullet points Im already getting or am not interested in (dont need a CD when I have a digital download).

150-180 bucks is in now way low end and I dont see anything in that package worth more than 25% of that asking price to people that have already bought a package.

Isn't it mainly meant for the people who see it shelved in the retail stores who don't have packages already? For the people who already have a package the CE will be just a collectors item, sits nice on the shelf and is something to brag about imo.

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

re: "why minis?"

1. every collectors box does the "one big figure," and we wanted to be different

2. at this point, guys who buy CE boxes like this already have a desk full of standing figures.  we thought this might scratch a different itch, and maybe appeal to a different crowd, as well

3. if we had gone with a single large figure, we would have been forced to pick just one archetype / one gender, due to printing cost.  Even within OUR team, we couldn't agree on which archetype to do!  male legionnaire? female frostweaver? Elken?  female Ranger?  male Confessor? everyone had a different opinion, and 19/20 people would have been disappointed regardless of what we picked. 

...and, most importantly...

4. I really want to use Crowfall minis with my dwarven forge set.  

Aha!  At last, my plan is revealed: this entire project was just an incredibly elaborate, multi-stage ruse to feed my 25mm addiction.

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

Its a nice looking box with goodies inside.

There's nothing more to it than that. I don't care if its bad value for money, I value it enough to want it.

Edited by zinnie

re: "why minis?"

4. I really want to use Crowfall minis with my dwarven forge set.  

Aha!  At last, my plan is revealed: this entire project was just an incredibly elaborate, multi-stage ruse to feed my 25mm addiction.

Todd

ACE

Do you have any thoughts on selling those or other minis directly on the store? 

As a Gold member, this is how I view whats offered in the CE:

2015 Contributer Level Package (worthless - I have a gold package)

2 Guest Trial Passes (worthless - guest passes are advertisement for the company, not items I use)

Crowfall Game DvD (worthless - I have a digital download)

Collector's Edition Crowfall Artbook (I have artbooks from Warhammer online, WoW and some other games. The warhammer book was nice)

The music of Crowfall CD (worthless - I can burn my own CD from the game files for 15 cents)

Behind the scenes Crowfall footage (worthless - only because I get behind the scenes footage weekly)

Crowfall Comic Book (worthless - Ive gotten comics before, none have been good to read, look at, nor any have been worth keeping)

21 Tabletop miniatures of Crowfall archetypes (worthless to me - some people may find value, but one large statue would be better than 21 toys Ill never display)

3 months VIP subscription (worthless - in that I already have 9 months and I can buy more without a collector's edition)

Digital exclusive item (The only thing of value I truley see for people that have aready bought packages)

In game items. (costumes, titles, spell graphics, campfires, emotes, dances, ect) These are the things that have value to me, particularly when im already getting everything else...well for all practical purposes.

This is the same CE that are included in the packages, KS and 2015, that have them or is this extra?

Its the same as Amber and above pledge tiers will get. Its the official Physical Collectors Box.

This is just a way for those that wants to only pay for the box, get the opportunity. 

Its the same as Amber and above pledge tiers will get. Its the official Physical Collectors Box.

This is just a way for those that wants to only pay for the box, get the opportunity. 

Had figured just wanted to be sure :)  Having Amber myself then I'm set.

Cheers,

~Icky

kaGO5WE.png