Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Founders' Update: Great stuff is happening! - Official discussion thread

I'm very pleased Crowfall team. I'm mostly looking forward to the artbook, as per usual with Collector's Editions. 

The minis are a nice addition as well. It's actually quite nice to get a mini of each Archetype as opposed to 1 big figurine of 1 Archetype whom might not even interest me. 

great stuff. 

What's a 1000 minus 7? 

What about European buyers of the Collectors Edition? Will it be send from the USA or is a retailer found in Europe?

We'll be sending those directly from the USA.  The pre-order includes the shipping to your country, but not the customs fees which we don't really control.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Kickstarter backers should have "Contributor KS" and not "Contributor 2015" ;p

We only have one Collectors' Edition box, so it by necessity must be "one size fits all".  We included the contributor package so that someone buying just the Collectors' Edition would have access to the game which is something we've seen other sometimes companies not do (and that seems cheap/shortsighted to us).  If you don't want/need that contributor package, you can gift it to a friend or trade it to someone.

Nice looking CE, but I am a bit disappointed in the lack of digital exclusives. I still fondly remember my little campfire and exclusive character head in WAR. Would be nice to get two or three minor/amusing trinkets or skins to stand out, that is the norm for most recent CEs.

We haven't announced the digital exclusives yet.  Perhaps we may yet meet your expectations.

Ah!  Why wasn't there a kickstarter package that included a 6 hour gaming session with J Todd Coleman as DM?!

We're happy to do this, and we're even negotiable on price!  Here's our starting point:

one-million-dollars.jpg

We're happy to do this, and we're even negotiable on price!  Here's our starting point:

Ha, how mad would you guys be to get this as a reward, and have the session turn into a TPK?  that would be classic!

Todd

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

[Rules of Conduct]

Ha, how mad would you guys be to get this as a reward, and have the session turn into a TPK?  that would be classic!

Todd

Now that DMing and TPK was mentioned... What rpg would you run? Did any tabletop rpgs influence Crowfall? I seem to recall GURPS mentioned for Shadowbane.

Great especially the Miniatures Part of the Collectors Edition. Well done !

What about the people from EU which have the Collectors Edition in the Pledge Package.

Would they get it shipped as soon as it gets released?

Edited by Azeron

Now that DMing and TPK was mentioned... What rpg would you run? Did any tabletop rpgs influence Crowfall? I seem to recall GURPS mentioned for Shadowbane.

GURPs and Rolemaster were probably the two biggest tabletop influences on SB (besides AD&D, of course).  

On Crowfall, you can still see tabletop roots (because these games influenced me so much, as a designer) but everything tends to be a lot more streamlined because we now have SO MUCH more to draw inspiration from, i.e. hundreds of other online games.  Back in the day, we had to rely heavily on MUDs and tabletop games because we really didn't have anything else to reference.

(You can see a touch of the Warhammer Fantasy RPG in our class & discipline system, though.  I even flirted with the idea of making you collect items to complete your promotion, but was worried that players would find it annoying rather than cool.)

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

[Rules of Conduct]

There are less than 900 Alpha 1 backers scattered across the 21k+ total backers we have.  Everyone of them will get to play 25 matches or more (if they can show up to take advantage of the many tests we will run).  We make no apologies for working to expose Crowfall to the core PvP audience after ensuring our backers have gotten their rewards and their opportunity to stream the game first. 

I guess I was pretty close with my estimates.

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/8273-basic-analysis-of-kspledge-backers/

I even flirted with the idea of making you collect items to complete your promotion, but was worried that players would find it annoying rather than cool.

That is brilliant!

I would find items, and camp the spot for days.

We need more stuff like this, to make it a bit harder.

Thanks for the answer, Todd! RoleMaster and GURPS are actually two systems I'm planning to try in the near future, but combat seems really slow for tabletop which is a huge drawback if you can only run 3-4 hours long sessions.

(You can see a touch of the Warhammer Fantasy RPG in our class & discipline system, though.  I even flirted with the idea of making you collect items to complete your promotion, but was worried that players would find it annoying rather than cool.)

I find things like that cool - quest or item requirements for promotions. It helps immersion if it makes sense. Actually I have a funny story about career requirements from Warhammer FRP 2e, where troll slayers also needed to kill a giant to become giant slayers. We had a troll slayer who killed a slightly wounded giant with a single blow, thanks to Ulric's Fury and the critical charts. He even dodged the falling corpse. Good times!

That is brilliant!

I would find items, and camp the spot for days.

It's cute how zinnie thinks he's the most hardcorest PvPer around and will be the one ganking everyone in sight, never dying himself.   :lol:  

Collecting items for promotion class might be neat, but won't we already have to collect items for disciplines every time we want to change?

Edited by teh_ninjaneer

Sorry you turned into a two-bit carebear whose feelings get hurt over forum banter.

Sweet, figurines. Just be careful which manufacturer you go with, because a lot of figurines end up looking like butt, especially if they're small. Ask for samples and then make them sign something holding them to that quality.

Ha, how mad would you guys be to get this as a reward, and have the session turn into a TPK? that would be classic!

Todd

I would expect nothing less, honestly.

Edited by txteclipse

Any info on whether we'll be able to trade in the physical Collector's Edition for store credit? I'm not into collecting more stuff, but I'd be more than willing to exchange that for some digital in-game swag.  :)

5930347.jpg?48

Thanks for the answer, Todd! RoleMaster and GURPS are actually two systems I'm planning to try in the near future, but combat seems really slow for tabletop which is a huge drawback if you can only run 3-4 hours long sessions.

If you're looking for hyper-realism, Rolemaster is interesting.  It's also bonkers.  It's tables, cross-referencing tables, cross-referencing tables to determine exactly HOW and WHERE you take damage.  coupled with the fact that the game game has practically NO healing.

I remember a party member taking a blow from a mace that crushed one of his kneecaps (three or four tables deep, it literally said "his right kneecap is crushed").  Character was ruined that character.  Seriously, we should have just killed him and made our friend roll up a new guy.

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

[Rules of Conduct]