Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Changing email not working

Go to solution Solved by Tyrant,

Also, 2 or 3 emails sent to the support email address over the past 6 or so weeks have gone un-replied-to about this issue.

I have a new email address I would like applied to my account. I have 2FA activated and working. When I go to my account area and go through the steps to request my email to be changed, it seems to work fine. No errors or messages, just a note saying I should check my email for a confirmation. Nothing ever shows up in the old or new inbox.

At first I thought it was because there was a bug preventing changes for non-traditional addresses (instead of a dot-com address I am using one of the new dot-email ones) and I tested it with a miscellaneous alternate dot-com I have. That also did not work. So it seems like your website process to change email addresses is not working. 

Advice?

eEvERiW.jpg

So I got my first invite to the HungerDome, and I can't play. I got the ZIP from Mr. Dalton and all that, but I have 2FA set up, and the email says I need to disable that to log in. So I disable it and the site says "check your email to complete the process"..... But I haven't been able to get any 'confirmation' emails that are auto-generated by crowfall.com..... so I can't complete the process to disable 2FA. Therefore I've missed my first chance to try out Crowfall. Kinda disappointing, but I will soldier on, hoping that you all can get this little bug fixed up.

I just replied to the email I got notifying me of my invite, and actually got an auto-reply from a helpdesk ticket system ("Request received... please type you reply above this line, yadda yadda). So it looks like there has been some improvement already!

eEvERiW.jpg

@toxophile, first email we got from you was today that I could find, and thankfully you are fixed.  With a bad email, you'll never get the email.  We can fix your email directly at support. (talking to you @zinnie)

To find emails (to gmail) that are not in Spam, sometimes they only show up when I go to the "All" box.  I wish the providers, particularly google, wouldn't try to "help" us so much.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

@toxophile, first email we got from you was today that I could find, and thankfully you are fixed.  With a bad email, you'll never get the email.  We can fix your email directly at support. (talking to you @zinnie)

To find emails (to gmail) that are not in Spam, sometimes they only show up when I go to the "All" box.  I wish the providers, particularly google, wouldn't try to "help" us so much.

My situation is more complex. I sent a couple emails on 8-31 referencing the issue about a regular email change request. The complication in tracking me down is my fault. I've purposely gotten myself tangled in multiple email addresses. What can I say, it's kinda fun to buy new domain names and set up shared email accounts, heh. Each of my credit cards have their own email address too. I'm weird. 

So yes, this account 2FA is off for now and I will be able to test the next time I am home when the server is up. Do you think the automated process to change my registered email address is ready to use now? Or should I email Support with the change to my registered email address I would like? Those custom empty mailboxes made special just for Crowfall are feeling kinda lonely.....

Edited by toxophile

eEvERiW.jpg