slith

Lore board

I wanted to start some discusion about the lore and I was suprised not to find a board dedicated to it. So my suggestion is: lore board! 

Its a pvp game, what do you need lore for?

And since the game wont have any quests, NPC's, AH's, there's really nothing ACE can build a lore with, other than outside the game, which is stupid.

Its a pvp game, what do you need lore for?

And since the game wont have any quests, NPC's, AH's, there's really nothing ACE can build a lore with, other than outside the game, which is stupid.

They are already building lore for the game.  Apparently that can be done without quests, NPCs, and AHs.

They are already building lore for the game.  Apparently that can be done without quests, NPCs, and AHs.

I guess they kinda have to, when you have the casuals whining about not having enough backstory to drool over.

I guess they kinda have to, when you have the casuals whining about not having enough backstory to drool over.

It was apparent that they were building lore before any "casuals" even showed up.

You honestly think they were going to make an MMORPG without some kind of story as the background for it?

It was apparent that they were building lore before any "casuals" even showed up.

You honestly think they were going to make an MMORPG without some kind of story as the background for it?

Do you need a story to pvp?

Didn't think so.. A backstory is as important to a PvP game as LW's likelihood to exist as a guild at launch, non-existent.

Do you need a story to pvp?

Didn't think so.. A backstory is as important to a PvP game as LW's likelihood to exist as a guild at launch, non-existent.

Theme is important in my opinion.  If the game had no theme I doubt it would attract many players.  You need players to PvP.

Can you point out any successful PvP MMOs that have no theme/backstory whatsoever?

Lore is important. It is not critical.  They need to flesh out the lore before a Lore board would be needed, I'm sure we will get one eventually.

Edited by angelmar

I enjoyed reading stories about different pantheons. Their mythologies are the roots to many stories you find today.

A pvp game without lore can thrive with good combat

A pvp game with a fleshed-out backstory, but with bad combat will fail.

So what is more important?

A pvp game without lore can thrive with good combat

A pvp game with a fleshed-out backstory, but with bad combat will fail.

So what is more important?

Can you give an example of a pvp game that thrives without lore?

Can you give an example of a pvp game that thrives without lore?

It does not exist, because it isn't allowed to exist.

Because casuals wants to know where their fairy cat lady comes from and what her dad is called.

I'm so confused to see you, Zinnie, all up in arms when there are posts from you showing interest in the the most recent lore update.

You have to do what you can to stay entertained on this board.,