Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Of gods and mortals - Official discussion thread

Man you guys seem to know an awful lot about lore already. Where am I missing the writing?

The following texts and videos reveal some information about the Gods :

I got this from courant101

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

HHHdWwX.jpg

it seems more like Gaea is hibernating while she is experiencing heavy menstrual bleedings.
Yet at the same time ,this seems to be some kind of a fertilizing juice that seeps into the worlds & furtilizes everything in its path.
You'd almost think she's enjoying it,judging by the look on her face..
Since the hunger loves this as an appetizer,addicted to its aroma & flavour,worlds are destroyed and undead armies raised to get some of Gaea's sweet nectar..
So she shapeshifted into the hunger's favorite candy ,knowing it would cause enough distraction to prevent the hunger from consuming all at once..
Well played Gaea,well played..
Edited by Tipsy

Still waiting for more than Joseph Campbell meets the Marvel Universe as far as the lore. 

I know, I'm the b****iest, most annoying person when it comes to the Crowfall lore but there's nothing happening here that is groundbreaking.  The game itself goes outside the lines and explores new territory for MMO's.  I'm looking at the lore and wanting the same.

---- It's trifling not trifle btw.   *draws arrow back up to b****iest*

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

I'm wondering whether the depiction of her death is somewhat tidied up to keep it from being to graphic. You would expect someone who died from child birth to have more blood coming from below. But given the metaphysical nature of deities in mythology, there doesn't need to be a physical indication, she did, after all, birth ever how many thousand Dwarves all at once.

Beyond that all of the stories are designed to be uncertified accounts. Any number of variations could exist from what supposedly happened and what actually happened. ACE had specifically noted the uncertainty and interpretation of events. The battle of the gods is referenced from a scripture.

Did D'Orion die, was Kane remorseful? Did he show up without his hammer? (The art shoes him with the weapon), did the birth of the Dwarves kill Gaea?, did Gaea birth anything else simultaneously?

The best part about the lore is that is not certified.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

but there's nothing happening here that is groundbreaking.  The game itself goes outside the lines and explores new territory for MMO's.  I'm looking at the lore and wanting the same.

I get what you are saying, but it really is going to be hard to out-do the Greeks in the realm of mythology, they have sorta done it all.

If JTodd attempts to emulate the Norse pantheon he will burn out from all the high end lysergide, the guy has a game to build and we need him focused not scatter brained.  

John Ronald Reuel Tolkien scarfed up all the elves, dwarves, and hobbits in his fictional histories and brought them main stream, so I think Mr. Coleman is going to be hard pressed for new material.

If there is not a place yet on the forums for player inspired Crowfall mythology and self written amateur fantasy, but I'm sure there will be one soon.

ArtCraft should encourage it with a Quarterly contest, best player written story appears in their comics or prominently featured on the front page of the forum, or something like that.   

Edit: there is a fan art and Fiction, I never scroll down that far

Edited by corvax

Didid the birth of the Dwarves kill Gaea?, did Gaea birth anything else simultaneously?

The best part about the lore is that is not certified.

Or was it a "figurative" or symbolic birth? The dwarves may come from the earth itself, thus sharing a special spiritual connection with Gaea if each world is, in fact, partly her avatar. Alternatively, a god or race born "naturally" would share in her divine flesh and blood.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

My theory is that Gaia was forced to kill in order to protect someone or something.  Because killing is against her nature, the act corrupted her essence.  Knowing that eventually the corruption within her would drive her insane and cause her to unwittingly spread death and destruction all around her, she nobly took her own life.  Ironically, removing the embodiment of life from the universe caused an imbalance which allowed the hunger to begin growing and spreading.

Well obviously upon her Death it allowed the Hunger to consume the lands, Her death may very well be the catalyst for the hunger.  Life Death Rebirth is a cosmic cycle that is normal for any nature deity.  Perhaps she created the hunger, or she is the hunger, you said there is a triumvirate of association between "three" gods, I think they are one and the same representing the cycles of life, and that the Hunger is one of those cycles.  The Great Wyrm would know, Time is his area of knowledge, stop time it stops the hunger.  The blood on her hands might represent the lives lost to the hunger and her being responsible for it...

Edited by drakiis

EZgFne1.png

You see, the Hunger came into being because the people lost their hopes and dreams.  The only way to stop the Hunger is to give Gaia a new name...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7DwWK3xojo

(video evidence)

EDIT:  Oh come on--most you guys over age 30 were thinking it, I just said it... :rolleyes:

Edited by Regulus

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

Good stuff. ^_^

I am always smiling seeing how much fun with the game you already have and the progress it is making.  :)

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

"Next, you have the All Father’s younger brother and sister: Khronos the Watcher and Yaga the Crone.  These three siblings are really cosmic-level in terms of scope and power; they represent the primal forces of Space, Time and Magic."

it lists 2 people yet says "these three siblings?"

"All Father’s younger brother and sister"

In the picture, her blood sparks new lifeforces, so it doesn't look like she was corrupted.  It looks more like she sacrificed herself or had her child stolen, or both.

No doubt, from the Druid perspective, that the Hunger is the backlash of her death. It makes sense that the forces of life/nature would rage.

Baraz / Siriel, The Shipwrecked Pirates and ally of the WinterbladesUndead Lords (UDL)
- Loved Shadowbane. I play mostly Darkfall, Mount & Blade Warband, Heroes & Generals, Fallout 4 (Steam).

Confirmed that Todd is a Time Wizard who talks about himself in the third person and spends his days commanding people to obey him and murdering them if they refuse to comply.

He is most definitely a Time Wizard. His real name is Merle Ambrose. 

Iri~

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.