Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hunger Dome Empty Chests

It would make things easier for people who can't be bothered to open team chat.

I'm not sure I see a clear progression from "easier" to "better" in this case.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I don't see what team chat has to do with anything.  If you were naturally running by a chest, it wouldn't take you 5 seconds to stop, turn, and closley examine the chest thoroughly to see that it's either empty or something was in there.

I like hardcore, and yet I agree with OP.  Less time pressing F on every chest in the village to see if there's a pair of boots in there, and more time shooting faces.  Something, anything, to let people know if there is something in them.  Even if it's down the line in production.  A glow, or a lump of some kind at the brim, and an empty chest if it is empty, you get my point :)

Optimal play is to loot all items except those your teammates can use and you cannot, so if we assume that our opponents aren't idiots then the only reason to look in an open chest is because your teammate said "come get this %yourclassweapon".

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Honestly, it's not important in a pre-alpha "combat" test. However, in retrospect to the OP's suggestion, I do not agree with changing the colour of chests, it's actually a little stupid if you think about it. Simple solution, don't be lazy; if you think there might be loot in an opened chest, go for it! 

For the hunger dome itself this would be fine but Im not sure that would transfer to the real game well as you wouldnt want to remove containers from the game the moment they are empty.

Agreed.  But we aren't talking about transferring to the real game.  We're talking about the Hunger Dome testing now.  People are lingering over empty chests because there isn't any obvious signal they are empty.  Either a graphics change (take away the yellow tint and make them flat brown/grey) or a despawn would push things ahead.

http://www.twitch.tv/Waikikamukau Yes, it's Why-Kick-Uh-Moo-Cow / Twitter: @TheMukau