Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
guerette

Leader Boards

Hope I'm not starting a new thread on an old topic, but I'm just curious if they've announced any type of Leader Boards or Kill Counters. I know this can be some what of a touchy subject when it comes to peoples "Ego or E-Peen" but I personally always liked to compare my score to others/find out what gear they used etc.

To generalize my question, will Crowfall have any of these?

Score Board?

Kill Counter?

PVP Points? "gain points for kills/lose for death or  something of a sort"

Online Character Search?

Gear Score?

I guess its just nice to know when you are gunning for a "Trophy Kill" and knowing you'll be rewarded for it.

I'm not sure which topic it was and honestly I'm too lazy to search for it but I don't think there will be leaderboards & rewards for killing other people other than your victory over them and the loot your get from them. 

well in an environment which is like the hunger dome concept leaderboards would shine but in a campaign I don't really think people care about whether if someone killed 1,000 or just 100 people. Of course the one withn a kill counter of 1,000 will highly get more or at least better things out of the campaign than someone who killed only a few people. 

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

Devs have hinted generally at some sort of leaderboards, but we don't have any specific ideas on what stats they'd like to track (and perhaps they don't yet either).

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Devs have announed there will be a "tournament" system, where victors of some criteria can compete against eachother twice a year or one a year in a campaign.  There was a stretch goal for this.

They have also talked about being fans of releasing API information to the public, but I don't think this was involved in any stretch goals, just generally philosophy from past games.  So it may be possible for users to create leaderboards using the API.

QgGGP67.gif

Yeah, I could see why people wouldn't like KDR, but there must still be a way to have some type of personal standings. Even if it were some simple counters.

ex: Bob Lifetime Kills 4365

Lifetime Assists 3152

Maybe its just me but after I'm fully geared in a game if I don't have some type of leader board to try and achieve top rank, I usually uninstall.

"that being said ELO scores have no business in MMO's haha"

I guess its somewhat the same reason I rarely play PVE games, you can almost always figure out a way to beat the AI "which is the equivalent to being fully geared in an MMO imo"

but in PVP its the other players that drive the challenge, and deep down we all want to be the best Faction or Guild or Player in our Guild or even our Class etc.

The biggest issue I see is that if devs create a leaderboard, they change the nature of the game because they create the measurement most people will generally care about most.  In a game like Crowfall (or Shadowbane) where major victories are recognizable by the impact they have on the world, there was no real need to create a leaderboard.  

Victories included: siege defense and offense, mine claims, discipline rune captures, wiping farming groups, and generally harassing and hampering opponents' strategies.  How do you want to measure all of those against each other?  What about other emergent victories that are not related to the embargo and kill counts?

My point is, I cannot conceive of a productive leaderboard that accurately portrays who is winning because (1) not necessarily 'knowing' who is winning adds so much to the politics, (2) measurement of winning can generally be left to the players and then determined by the win conditions at CW demise, and (3) any leaderboard will unnaturally affect the emergent gameplay (i.e. people "honor farming").

For me, not a great idea in Crowfall if they want to stay honest to "old school" politics.

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

Completely uselsss feature! people will statpad with alts and whatnot, which makes all the effort they put into creating those leaderboards void.

Leader boards are typically vanity features. 

I don't specifically want leaderboards but I would like a character search feature with some sort of stat tracking. I just think it'd be a great way to show the timeline of a character with how many kills, captures, assists, campaign wins, etc. someone has.

I've spent so much time on the WoW armory just looking at people's profile like a timeline.

I don't specifically want leaderboards but I would like a character search feature with some sort of stat tracking. I just think it'd be a great way to show the timeline of a character with how many kills, captures, assists, campaign wins, etc. someone has.

I've spent so much time on the WoW armory just looking at people's profile like a timeline.

This is exactly what I don't want.... people shouldn't be able to research your character like this...

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

This is exactly what I don't want.... people shouldn't be able to research your character like this...

Maybe you could elect to make your profile private as an option? I'd have no issues with that and I can see the reasoning for it. I think a lot of people would really get a lot of use out of features like this (especially when you can't actually play the game at work or w/e)

hope we never see this in the hunger dome. You already watch twitch streams and youtube videos of players hiding out til the last minute or spending more time running than fighting. Can't test combat from the hole you're hiding in. Something like this in the Hunger Dome would make it worse.

Cant wait for it.

I'm completely okay if people are allowed to make a decision on the subject though. Allow people who want stats about their account to be public to be able to share it with the API. If you don't want to see what your stats are in comparison to others, you don't have to share them.

I can't see why people would be opposed to stats if this was the case. 

Edited by scree

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg