Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kloke

Auto-Equip!

Please, if you have nothing in a slot already and you click loot, make it auto-equip.  It would not be bad if you could hit I and P while running but you have to stop currently and that makes you a target while getting dressed.

Kloke

Shadowbane / Server: War / Guild: DHL / Thief: Yin / Scout: Plexiglassdragon

Don't design a game based off of its cheaters.

Ah, but to a certain extent you have to--especially when it is competitive.  There are rules, consequences and safeguards in place in all MMOs.  However, protection from cheaters does not end at obvious things such as these; every aspect has to be designed with at least the though of "how will unpleasant people abuse this?"  Granted, I know very little about the tech involved in MMOs or about hacking.  Yet, being an MMO enthusiast I do know that cheating--including hacking--is plentiful in these games.  Therefore, devs must consider cheating in their game design.   

If hacking for auto-equip is a very difficult thing to pull off or very simple to detect, then I would agree--don't modify it solely because of a potential hack.  However, if a 3 minute Google search/download will allow me to bypass a loot mechanic with very little risk, then you're effectively just putting rule abiding players at a disadvantage.    

Edited by Regulus

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

So just enable it for everyone, what does it hurt or make it where I can simply press I or P and open those while running.  Typically you will always have something in the spot already anyway.  I mean come on Zinnie, I have seen you come back with much better responses and digs.  I expect better from you man, do not let me down next time.

Edited by Kloke

Kloke

Why waste time on making an auto-equip function when chests with gear in them wont even be in the real game?

how do you know? got a source on that?

And even if chests wont be in game, you will be able to loot corpses 

But auto-equip is stupid anyways

Edited by zinnie

To either use I or P you have to be completely immobile.  This would be the first game in a long time that I could not work with things on the go.

Kloke

To either use I or P you have to be completely immobile.  This would be the first game in a long time that I could not work with things on the go.

Its refreshing isnt it?

To have a game that does not cater to casuals.

Hush you, I have no bridges here for you to hide under.  I would actually give you that if in fact auto-equip in any way catered to casuals.  Now auto equip of items if they are "Better" that would be crap but autoequip if you nekkie that is different as nekkieness simply cannot be tolerated.

Kloke

Hush you, I have no bridges here for you to hide under.  I would actually give you that if in fact auto-equip in any way catered to casuals.  Now auto equip of items if they are "Better" that would be crap but autoequip if you nekkie that is different as nekkieness simply cannot be tolerated.

To be more specific,

Auto-equip means that there is no risk for you as a player to loot that chest, or that player. ACE wants to create real risk vs reward, and having you have to manually open chests and take out loot, will make you think twice if you are safe and if its worth taking the risk.

Its just another gameplay-dynamic that has been lost in favor of convenience aka casual.

Please, if you have nothing in a slot already and you click loot, make it auto-equip.  It would not be bad if you could hit I and P while running but you have to stop currently and that makes you a target while getting dressed.

I feel like there could be multiple problems when trying to implement this. I think that a lot of the ability to implement a function like this is on how the equipment and inventory systems are coded to interact.

@Kloke

By allowing nakeds to auto equip loot that they pick up it encourages certain behaviors ie more naked players lurking around battlefields.

Imagine this scenario I get killed fighting you on the battlefield. You had items equipped and so did I so with me dead my items drop onto the ground now subject to looting. What is to stop myself or some other naked player from running in and scooping all my armour and weapons while you have to manually drag the loot into your inventory? There is zero risk for a naked player in regards to looting while those who have equipment will be exposed to attack and meaningful loss if they are attacked while looting. 

52xw9c.jpg

This game is based on a balanced step system, the more steps you take the more reward you have. There are many ideas floating around with the game, but my personal opinion is it is not needed, and only used for convenience which defeats a struggle some players might take advantage of.

No auto loot.

Now I don't even like the idea of stacked items anymore.

(Which I was thinking about yesterday :http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/8952-gear-compare/page-3#entry227785)

Consider the time it takes to drag 1 stack of ores,

Or something like this inventory ;

hqdefault.jpg

If an enemy just has to drag 1 stack of items it takes shorter and costs him less effort

than when each item has to be dragged separately

In Quest for glory V dragon fire,

the max carry capacity was influenced by the character's strength.

Giving weight to each item that exists in-game is good.

18653-quest-for-glory-v-dragon-fire-wind

qfg5-inventory.png

In the last picture,the weight of the magical axe is 700g

Quest for glory V and M&M VII are in my top of best games ever.

I think crowfall would even improve adopting some of the game elements those games had.

A weight inventory is so much better than slot inventories. I don't mind stacking; it makes things easier when managing your inventory and if there was a weight system then you wouldn't need to worry about stacking anyway. Now in terms of auto-equip; it's not really appropriate for CF. Don't get me wrong, it's useful and makes your life easier, but I think most people would like to have that window of vulnerability when looting. However, I would like to see a pick-up animation when you're looting a corpse/chest/etc.