Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kloke

Auto-Equip!

A weight inventory is so much better than slot inventories. I don't mind stacking; it makes things easier when managing your inventory and if there was a weight system then you wouldn't need to worry about stacking anyway. Now in terms of auto-equip; it's not really appropriate for CF. Don't get me wrong, it's useful and makes your life easier, but I think most people would like to have that window of vulnerability when looting. However, I would like to see a pick-up animation when you're looting a corpse/chest/etc.

I would sincerely enjoy more animations, but of course it's only pre-alpha so I'm not expecting much. Auto-loot and auto-equip would make a lot of aspects in looting a lot faster and easier, with less inventory management. We're going back to the risk vs reward topic. I'd like a time based inventory sorting system that requires you to have to idle and go through a loading bar until you organize your loot, that would be helpful, but also detrimental to those who aren't careful. A sorting system is always wonderful, but there shouldn't be any immediate actions towards looting in my opinion.

This seems like a hunger dome feature request more than something that would be useful in the final product.  It would probably be more confusing to new players to have auto equip than it would help.  And maybe I don't want to equip that "Bad Helmet of -10 to all stats" that I found. 

I think it makes more sense to work on the existing system and make it quicker and easier to use than to automatically equip things in specific situations.

To be more specific,

Auto-equip means that there is no risk for you as a player to loot that chest, or that player. ACE wants to create real risk vs reward, and having you have to manually open chests and take out loot, will make you think twice if you are safe and if its worth taking the risk.

Its just another gameplay-dynamic that has been lost in favor of convenience aka casual.

So I came back and read all of this and actually back out of the original request.  

After debate in my head I actually concur on the points here.  The time taken to sort through loot or decide where to put it actually does add to the game rather than hurt.  I would prefer a system that makes you take some time to think about it rather than opting for the easy fix.

I have been gaming since Muds and it is taking me awhile to get back into how much fun UO and SB was for me and really do see the better way is to have less comforts.  

Much respect to all here.

Edited by Kloke

Kloke

Shadowbane / Server: War / Guild: DHL / Thief: Yin / Scout: Plexiglassdragon

This seems like a hunger dome feature request more than something that would be useful in the final product.  It would probably be more confusing to new players to have auto equip than it would help.  And maybe I don't want to equip that "Bad Helmet of -10 to all stats" that I found. 

I think it makes more sense to work on the existing system and make it quicker and easier to use than to automatically equip things in specific situations.

I really hope there is a Bad Helmet of -10 stats now or something with negative stats  :lol: