Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sommazzatore

Passive training and EKs

Just an idea, and I'm not expecting this to be a big deal, but I think it would be cool if when we were logged in on a character, our other characters were wandering around our EKs.

Not sure the passive training options that will be included, but say your Stalker is working on his archery or something, he could be shooting his bow at some targets. Or your Forgemaster could be at his anvil, making trinkets. Seems like something that would be pretty easy to make happen and the EK would look better with a little population.

Not trying to re-invent the wheel. Just something I think would be a cool feature.

Elder Scrolls Online - Templar/Nightblade Mains      Guild Wars 2 - Necromancer/Thief Mains    http://www.twitch.tv/sommazzatore

You must be joking right?

You want ACE, a small company with limited resources develop a way for your character to still be in game doing stuff when you log out?

Whats the benefit?

Whats even the point?  sure, I see your character running around, it does nothing for me, I cant interact with you and you are not online.

Why spend resources on a feature that literally is useless to 100% of the playerbase?

You must be joking right?

You want ACE, a small company with limited resources develop a way for your character to still be in game doing stuff when you log out?

Whats the benefit?

Whats even the point?  sure, I see your character running around, it does nothing for me, I cant interact with you and you are not online.

Why spend resources on a feature that literally is useless to 100% of the playerbase?

I was (like 87%) joking. I just wanted to see you get super hostile on another forum thread and could find any recent ones I hadn't read.

Unnecessary feature that will cost ACE more time and resources to develop. It might be a possibility after release and the game is successful, but it's still not a very important thing to have for most people.  

I agree, and that's why I said I really wasn't being that serious. Its just something interesting I thought could be added later. Like

I said, just something that would be cool for while you are logged in.

You guys are acting like I said something about quitting the game without this feature or something lol. Literally just said 'it would be cool if'...

Edited by Sommazzatore

Elder Scrolls Online - Templar/Nightblade Mains      Guild Wars 2 - Necromancer/Thief Mains    http://www.twitch.tv/sommazzatore

I was (like 87%) joking. I just wanted to see you get super hostile on another forum thread and could find any recent ones I hadn't read.

And you managed to do it, I have whats called "idiotic thread syndrome"

I swear if the amount of  fustilarian-threads keeps popping up like this, I will seriously injure someone.

Edited by zinnie

I'm not acting; I gave you a serious response to your suggestion, if I knew this was a joke thread I wouldn't have responded in the way I did.

It was serious, but as soon as he got buttslapped he pulled the troll-card.

Provoking is against RoC. Shame. Shame. Shame. *Rings Bell*

OS_Sig3.png

i don't think he was literally joking (i hope not at least), i suspect it was a halfhearted idea he wasn't that attached to.

i think zinnie's point regarding the fact that it would be confusing if multiple characters existed in the EK for a single player illustrates why this just can't happen.

KjUVOZg.png

Berit - Elder

To be honest it almost sounds like a botting but then without them collecting resources. 

Even if they are going to do this how would they make it so that the servers don't get unnecessary load on them from every character moving while training.

Proud Member of KDS - Recruitment Post - Visit us at www.kdsguild.org

i don't think he was literally joking (i hope not at least), i suspect it was a halfhearted idea he wasn't that attached to.

i think zinnie's point regarding the fact that it would be confusing if multiple characters existed in the EK for a single player illustrates why this just can't happen.

Half hearted is a better way of putting it.

I was anticipating Zinnie's typically rude and unproductive comments, though. His point isn't that it would be confusing, he made this post about ACE approving botting, and then about me getting buttslapped (what?) and did his usual 'I'm on ACE's team and everyone else is wonderful' response. When if you read any of his comments on some of the EK threads, you'll see he just hates that (the EK) aspect of the game and doesn't want any resources at all to go to it.

some of you are also acting like this is a make or break idea for me... I'll re-re-quote myself "...I just thought it would be cool if...".   Obviously I said nothing about this being the case while people are offline.