Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Target system

flobos

target system gonna be aim target or telegraph ? pre kickstarter video with telegraphs , but more recent videos where aim target

Soon after the release of that concept video, a small, but very vocal group of forum goers freaked out over it and the Devs agreed to re do the entire system with a TERA style combat system and reticle

7d4g0V5.png

Soon after the release of that concept video, a small, but very vocal group of forum goers freaked out over it and the Devs agreed to re do the entire system with a TERA style combat system and reticle

This is completely untrue.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Your recollection of events is a bit...off to say the least.

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/2667-telegraphs-need-to-go-new-gameplay-trailer/

Shortly after this post, Devs announced they were redesigning the combat system

January 29th:

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/1408-consider-removing-the-optional-ground-texture/

I don't know what other posts may exist since I'm only searching posts that I have commented on but we had been requesting removal of telegraphs since a month before the Kickstarter.

Edited by Leiloni

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/2667-telegraphs-need-to-go-new-gameplay-trailer/

Shortly after this post, Devs announced they were redesigning the combat system

Yep they had already mentioned it was going to change. Can see the dev posts in this thread: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/2628-wildstar-action-combat/page-5#entry69211 Pretty much the same day KS opened btw.  It simply wasn't a minority like you are trying to claim, there were so many threads about it, its all that was being talked about (negatively) at the time. Look we get it they changed the game away from the way you wanted, but doesn't mean its ok to lie about the facts and make stuff up.

Doesn't much matter now anyways, they made the changes for the better and got rid of that hand holdy crap.

I wrote an exhaustive compilation of gameplay mechanisms before their Kickstarter and demo video even released. They mentioned Wildstar telegraphs beforehand, and there was disapproval for it all around.

It's amusing how an actual vocal minority will claim the majority is such a party while trying to voice for the typical MMO player which isn't actually a significant part of this projects consumer base, or ever an intend audience for this game.

Who wasn't where? if you meant me I've been here since January 6th 2015. Can see when you mouse over peoples names.

No, I'm not talking about you, though you weren't a recognizable contributor til much later either. Edited by bahamutkaiser

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

jesus you're really butt hurt

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png

Oh the irony, you are the epitomy of "vocal minority".

Oh the irony, you are the epitomy of "vocal minority".

I get the "minority" by comparing populations of MMOs with reticle targeting systems vs MMOs without

Tera, Eso, dark fall vs WoW, Guildwars, Swtor, wildstar

7d4g0V5.png

I get the "minority" by comparing populations of MMOs with reticle targeting systems vs MMOs without

That doesn't even make sense. All that matters is Crowfall players in relation to Crowfall itself. Fact is the majority of posters and potential players hated the telegraph hand holdy combat crap. ACE wasn't a fan either as through their own internal testing they found it not conducive to the type of game they were building, hence they changed it.

Sure, community feedback was important, but the way you've characterized the change isn't very accurate. See this interview from March 25th for reference. It was Todd's call because he wasn't happy with combat in the state it was in by the time they produced KS materials. They had already begun the revamp. Community input was important, but to say that the change was because people "freaked out" is a bit off.

Edited by arawulf

Populations mean next to nothing. Playing a game does not mean you like everything what's going on here. I like Guild Wars 2 (even if I'm neglecting it nowadays), but I hate it when in fast paced battles I have to hold the right mouse button to move the camera, and I hate using the number keys for attacks. It's uncomfortable, I would've preferred having common attacks on mouse. I also changed the key binding of healing and utilities to be around the WASD. On the other hand I've never played TERA, but I still like so far where ACE is going with targeting and controls.

Going after the majority is also what pretty much made the current MMO industry lack creativity and churn out mindless theme parks that failed to mimic WoW's success. Let them do what they are doing, we need some variety and we don't need to draw in everyone from every MMO community (especially Wildstar and WoW).

Edited by ravenheart87