Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Keaggan

Free Lands of Azure [Now Accepting Guilds & Members!]

Hello and welcome to the Free Lands of Azure IdeaMatrix!

Congratulations on becoming our Head Hunter. The Small Council will really benefit from your enthusiastic personality.

Sorry about the Small Council post. I tried editing it on my phone while at work and well...seemed to have broken it lol.

I'll fix it when I get home.

Regards,

-Keaggan

P.S. Love the new sig art ;)

Edited by Keaggan

This right here is why I'm so pumped to play Crowfall. I've heard a lot of people talking about how they aren't so sure about Crowfall's potential for community building since it's going to be PvP focused, so seeing this idea fly around is amazing. Quite frankly, the player-driven sandbox design is what's going to be Crowfall's greatest strength. Not just a gathering of players briefly returning to the faction city to sell off items at the nearest NPC trash vendor, but a community where players return from campaign's to their own homes, and to meet in the marketplace to trade ideas, alliances, and gear.

I totally agree,

FLA seems to be getting out in front of the pack early with advertisements and we have our own graphic designer so it just seems a lot more professional than anything else I've seen. I'm happy to be a part of it...until I have to murder Nocturnal....

Whoa, now. If anyone's going to be murdering anyone, it's going to be me, at a very modest fee.

Good luck a good trading grounds like your lands would be good to have around..

Definitely!  Any strong economy takes people and guilds of all colors to create.   I really like that Keagan is working hard to keep it fair for everyone.  He is so dedicated to this that it might be a temporary detriment because the existing guilds that have signed on want to help, but are in fact being held back to ensure that other guilds don't get the wrong idea.

Seems like a really simple proposition to sign onto the FLA because there really is no risk in doing so and when it works, it will be better for everyone.

Is there an expectation that member guilds do not have their own EKs that they are working on building up?

I can't speak officially for the FLA, but as the Serrated will have its own rich EK community, we were concerned about putting such a responsibility on anyone else, especially not in the guild.   After intense discussion with the FLA, we mutually agreed it was perfectly acceptable for all guilds to do whatever they want outside the FLA.   For Serrated, the FLA is a business opportunity.  We have no intention of diverting the majority of our EK resources into the FLA, but should it become overwhelmingly prudent, we might.

Short answer: no.  No building required.  Do whatever you want outside of the FLA.

For those that are on the fence, I recommend setting up a voice or video chat to Keaggan directly.  There really is not better way to get to know someone without putting them on the spot.

If you want to listen to him before doing so, then I might suggest listening to him as a guest on the Murder Roundtable.

http://murderroundtable.podomatic.com/entry/2015-10-05T19_36_50-07_00

Is there an expectation that member guilds do not have their own EKs that they are working on building up?

This has been a topic of discussion. And some people just simply refuse to try and understand what we are doing.

I fully expect guilds to have their own EK. In fact some guilds will have an Alliance EK, where it's not just them but other friendly guilds. This is awesome! 

What the FLA is providing, is an EK where individuals or even guilds can come in without having any relation with others prior to joining. And forge their own politics, trade, and stories. It's a neutral EK that allows guilds to fight over borders, and peddle wares. Guilds might find friends and foes alike inside the FLA. It's all up to the members. We give you the play doh, you shape your destiny. 

Great idea, and good luck with your vision.

Thank caledon! I'm always interested in what brings people here. I mean I know what I like about the FLA lol...but what drew you here?

You got some very good answers from Noc and Tahru, but to give a little more detail I wanted to chime in.

Short answer is no, like they've said.

However, this is a community.Thus people that come to the FLA have a desire to belong to the FLA community. What that means is the FLA is different for different people. Some want to sponsor events, assist with establishing lore by becoming a Scribe or uphold the law of the lands as Sentinels. Making our EK their one true home. Others still though may just enjoy a break from the campaigns and PvP in the Savage Lands. Then jump back into a new CW. Finally large guilds like Serrated could feel that they can't fit everything they want to do into our EK and thus develop their guild EK. 

Everyone that joins the FLA understands we aren't a just some billboard for other EKs, though we do support others and will continue to have cross EK promotions, but additionally have a vested interest to come here and build a community of like minded players.

For those that are on the fence, I recommend setting up a voice or video chat to Keaggan directly.  There really is not better way to get to know someone without putting them on the spot.

If you want to listen to him before doing so, then I might suggest listening to him as a guest on the Murder Roundtable.

http://murderroundtable.podomatic.com/entry/2015-10-05T19_36_50-07_00

100% correct! We are always willing to sit down for a more personal discussion if anyone is interested :D

The point is, being a part of FLA isn't a lifelong decision that prevents you from...experiencing other things. 

Did you forget your blood oath!?! You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave!

best-devil-smiley-emoticon.gif

logo_v02.png

Hello everyone!

We just wanted to take a few moments and give an update. Beyond just organizing a place for all types of players to explore and live in we wanted the FLA to be an interesting place too! To that end maintaining a back story is an essential part thus we have added another position to the FLA Small Council -- the Loremaster.

The Loremaster will be an integral part of weaving the history and story of the FLA with the unique fiction of Crowfall. The position is best suited for a creative writer and story teller. As you may already know we will have a dedicated RP enforced zone in the FLA. Locally in that area Scribes will craft additional tales and work along with the Loremaster to construct a cohesive narrative. Details of responsibilities are on our website and the front page of this thread.

Speaking of our website...we have obtained a proper domain: FreeLandsOfAzure.com

If you haven't yet please bookmark this site for easy access to info on FLA events, discussions, news, and membership. We've been working on some regular features for our community to engage in. This is an open community that values group discussions. More on that in our next update which is coming very soon!

Edited by Keaggan

So how do I sign up for my guild Novus?

1. PM Keaggan on here, tell him your intent and ask your questions.
2. He will tell you to go to FreeLandsOfAzure.com and fill out the application. Even though you are not asking to be a citizen, just fill it out anyway.

I wonder if there is a way to be notified of replies on my own thread. Hate missing these :\

So how do I sign up for my guild Novus?

1. PM Keaggan on here, tell him your intent and ask your questions.
2. He will tell you to go to FreeLandsOfAzure.com and fill out the application. Even though you are not asking to be a citizen, just fill it out anyway.

Hello DraceR,

Yes our always helpful friend Tahru is right! PMing me or any other member of the Small Council is a great start. We can give you the personal attention you deserve and answer any questions you may have.

Our website is also a great source of information. 

however in the mean please feel free to PM and we can start talking :)